Anyones car ever shut off on highway....??

SpartaPerformance

10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
Long Island NY
Just cruising around tonight, on a clear stretch of highway I punched it in 3rd took her all the way to red line, took her out of gear and just let the car roll when I noticed the engine had shut off.....this happened once before. Anybody else experience this???

• Sponsors (?)

I have, it was a bad fuel pump driver is what I was told at the dealership. First time it stopped I was just pulling out of the driveway and it died and wouldn't restart. I had it towed and they replaced the fuel pump. Two days later I was on I-95 and it died, luckily I coasted down an offramp into a gas station. They replaced the fuel pump driver, no problems since.

Its happened to me 3x since I got my car new. I have been totally puzzled about that too. All 3 times it was right after nailing the gas real hard and letting off to coast! The last time it almost caused me to wreck. I didnt know it shut off and I went to make a turn and there was no power steering!

Its happened to me 3x since I got my car new. I have been totally puzzled about that too. All 3 times it was right after nailing the gas real hard and letting off to coast! The last time it almost caused me to wreck. I didnt know it shut off and I went to make a turn and there was no power steering!

Sounds like you need a louder exhaust so that you can tell when it shuts down! :D