Aod Binding?

mikey gavin

New Member
Apr 11, 2015
10
0
1
Hey guys I'm new to the sight, I have a 90 5oh that I'm having some trouble with it shifting when I first take it out for the day it holds in first gear till I get on it and then it shifts. it seems to shift fine after that but today I noticed it felt like the Tranny or the rear end was hanging up. When I put it in reverse its almost feels like I have a brake hanging up. But I know it's not.. it only wants to move when I give it gas. I jacked it up and started it in neutral and the wheels spun I put it in drive and the wheels spun I put it in reverse and the spun then hung up then spun then hung up. When I gave it gas you could hear some winning noise in the transmission. Anybody have any idea what's going on?
 
Have you ever leaked or broke a trans line? I'd rebuild it. Buy a rebuild manual specific for that trans and it will take you step by step though the hole trans and it will cost you a few hundred more then just buying someone else's throw away trans. I have built aod's to handle way more power then a 500 hp 5.0 can put out.. They are a good relying trans. And can build the hell out of them for cheap
 
A good cause of a low basket to start to weld is from improper amount of trans fluid, but if you have a low mileage trans swap it out...the only thing I'd do is put a new front pump outer seal in and put a new torque converter seal in and call it a day..
 
Absolutely. Bc forward low and reverse low are in the same basket that the car will want to go forward. And you will start to notice the car lunging forward in park when you start it and the reverse will bind. Should get to pulling and rebuilding before it destroys a good amount of things in the transmission
 
10 4! sounds like I know what im doing this weekend..
I would like to make sure I have the tv cable hooked up right but I cant seem to find a good video or a description on how I should go about doing it
 
i hear us I have all the stuff to put a new gear set in my rear end but it's the constant dread of crawling under the car to put jack stands and then the gear lube and yeah it's been a 4 month planning but just haven't done it yet
 
I had this issue with a 4r75w. I actually went as far as checking the rear brakes.
When we took out the trans, the magnet
literally looked like wire wheel brush.
 
Last edited: