AOD HANDLE replaced with UNIVERSAL

Makdaddymac

New Member
May 28, 2005
323
1
0
orlando
i just saw a video of a mustang where the guy rips off his aod handle or maybe it broke while driving etc etc...anyways and he has a skull to replace it???
my question is would a universal AT ricer handle work on the aod handle... thats a t-handle to a straight top button, but the mechanism depends in the knob im assuming???? so would a universal work
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cama...011QQitemZ320214086345QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
????????????????????????????:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
 
Should work. All it needs is a shaft on the inside to connect w/the inner-workings of the shifter handle.

I have an MGW billet knob on mine. I feel it's pretty ****in sick. That chrome ricer ****-handle, not so much. No offense ;)
 
Should work. All it needs is a shaft on the inside to connect w/the inner-workings of the shifter handle.

I have an MGW billet knob on mine. I feel it's pretty ****in sick. That chrome ricer ****-handle, not so much. No offense ;)

I happen to favor MGW as well I bought the Pony T handle version and I love the thing except for one little thing ......... Man does that thing get hot in summer !! I had to take one of my mustang hats and throw it over it in while its parked in the sun!
 
I happen to favor MGW as well I bought the Pony T handle version and I love the thing except for one little thing ......... Man does that thing get hot in summer !! I had to take one of my mustang hats and throw it over it in while its parked in the sun!
Here is a pict of the one I have :
IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/bobafett1234/ponythandle.jpg[/IMG]
Note : this is a pict from MGW's website not a pict of it in my car !

I almost got that one but I fell in love w/this one and had to buy it. It's an old design and i'd never seen it before.

int.webp


Huge pic that shows it more close up: http://www.soniccherry.com/mmff/feature/2.jpg
 

Attachments

  • int.webp
    int.webp
    138.4 KB · Views: 125
i got one from upr, it looks just like an alum ball. the button is recessed. was kindy tricky getting a spring to work. it looks really cool. i got the leather boot(one for the e brake too) just like mansonozz so it looks almsot like a 5, spd. i like it alot better than the cheesey stock handle.