• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

AOD HANDLE replaced with UNIVERSAL

  • Thread starter Thread starter Makdaddymac
  • Start date Start date Feb 7, 2008
M

Makdaddymac

New Member
May 28, 2005
323
1
0
orlando
Feb 7, 2008
#1
  • Feb 7, 2008
  • #1
i just saw a video of a mustang where the guy rips off his aod handle or maybe it broke while driving etc etc...anyways and he has a skull to replace it???
my question is would a universal AT ricer handle work on the aod handle... thats a t-handle to a straight top button, but the mechanism depends in the knob im assuming???? so would a universal work
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cama...011QQitemZ320214086345QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
????????????????????????????
 

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
0
1
38
columbus ohio
Feb 7, 2008
#2
  • Feb 7, 2008
  • #2
dont do it.
 

cervinistang

New Member
May 7, 2007
11
0
0
Dearborn, Michigan
Feb 7, 2008
#3
  • Feb 7, 2008
  • #3
im thinkin bout getting the leather one though =P plastic sucks!
 
M

Makdaddymac

New Member
May 28, 2005
323
1
0
orlando
Feb 7, 2008
#4
  • Feb 7, 2008
  • #4
will it work though yes or know...leather would look better....i just was curious! i think a leather or all black straight button top shifter would be better than that ol t knob???
 

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
3,514
66
109
Canton, MI
Feb 7, 2008
#5
  • Feb 7, 2008
  • #5
Should work. All it needs is a shaft on the inside to connect w/the inner-workings of the shifter handle.

I have an MGW billet knob on mine. I feel it's pretty ****in sick. That chrome ricer ****-handle, not so much. No offense
 

foxmustangman

Member
Jun 20, 2007
196
1
16
Idaho
Feb 7, 2008
#6
  • Feb 7, 2008
  • #6
you'd need a button so you could shift it. Unless you want to always have it unlocked and risk throwing it into reverse or someting.

you could get one of these:
View attachment 331481
 

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
3,514
66
109
Canton, MI
Feb 7, 2008
#7
  • Feb 7, 2008
  • #7
That handle he posted has a button on top.
 

foxmustangman

Member
Jun 20, 2007
196
1
16
Idaho
Feb 7, 2008
#8
  • Feb 7, 2008
  • #8
oh right. forgot to look @ that. but this one is also made to fit the aod, and IMO looks better.
 

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
3,514
66
109
Canton, MI
Feb 8, 2008
#9
  • Feb 8, 2008
  • #9
It certainly does, I'm not saying it isn't. Just saying what he posted has a button on it too.
 

cervinistang

New Member
May 7, 2007
11
0
0
Dearborn, Michigan
Feb 8, 2008
#10
  • Feb 8, 2008
  • #10
yeah but i like how i cant just flig it forward and scream overdrive! cause im a loser like that.
 

Bobafett123

New Member
Aug 30, 2006
26
0
0
Cleveland Ohio
Feb 8, 2008
#11
  • Feb 8, 2008
  • #11
mansonozz said:
Should work. All it needs is a shaft on the inside to connect w/the inner-workings of the shifter handle.

I have an MGW billet knob on mine. I feel it's pretty ****in sick. That chrome ricer ****-handle, not so much. No offense
Click to expand...

I happen to favor MGW as well I bought the Pony T handle version and I love the thing except for one little thing ......... Man does that thing get hot in summer !! I had to take one of my mustang hats and throw it over it in while its parked in the sun!
 

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
3,514
66
109
Canton, MI
Feb 8, 2008
#12
  • Feb 8, 2008
  • #12
Bobafett123 said:
I happen to favor MGW as well I bought the Pony T handle version and I love the thing except for one little thing ......... Man does that thing get hot in summer !! I had to take one of my mustang hats and throw it over it in while its parked in the sun!
Here is a pict of the one I have :
IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/bobafett1234/ponythandle.jpg[/IMG]
Note : this is a pict from MGW's website not a pict of it in my car !
Click to expand...

I almost got that one but I fell in love w/this one and had to buy it. It's an old design and i'd never seen it before.



Huge pic that shows it more close up: http://www.soniccherry.com/mmff/feature/2.jpg
 

Attachments

  • int.webp
    138.4 KB · Views: 126

BDASPNY

Member
Jan 3, 2006
103
0
19
HAMPTON ROADS
Feb 8, 2008
#13
  • Feb 8, 2008
  • #13
i got one from upr, it looks just like an alum ball. the button is recessed. was kindy tricky getting a spring to work. it looks really cool. i got the leather boot(one for the e brake too) just like mansonozz so it looks almsot like a 5, spd. i like it alot better than the cheesey stock handle.
 
M

Makdaddymac

New Member
May 28, 2005
323
1
0
orlando
Feb 8, 2008
#14
  • Feb 8, 2008
  • #14
where can i get the boot?? both ebrake and for the shifter???
 

BDASPNY

Member
Jan 3, 2006
103
0
19
HAMPTON ROADS
Feb 8, 2008
#15
  • Feb 8, 2008
  • #15
i think its redline not sure it has been so long. several of the guys on here have bought from them. they even do custom color schemes.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

78 V6 Turbo
  • jozsefsz
  • Sep 30, 2014
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
3
Views
7K
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Jun 26, 2017
Little eddie
9
  • Locked
Expired 94gt Bolt Ons Nj $1000
  • 95PGTTech
  • Dec 19, 2013
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
0
Views
11K
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Dec 19, 2013
95PGTTech
9
  • Locked
2002 Mustang Gt Coupe, Heavily Customized. Must See
  • Custom02GT
  • Aug 6, 2012
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
1
Views
3K
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Aug 11, 2012
Custom02GT
M90 root blower how to info
  • 1987LXragtop
  • Jan 7, 2011
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
8K
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jan 7, 2011
1987LXragtop
F
  • Locked
97 5 spd Cobra convertible w/ Maximum Motorsport Max Grip - street fun, track, HPDE
  • FirstOnRaceDay5
  • Mar 16, 2010
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
9
Views
4K
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Apr 27, 2010
FirstOnRaceDay5
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?