Are pro. products THrottle bodies decent?

Jbauer

Jan 20, 2008
I have an accufab plenum, but its really really time for a damn throttle body. I really don't want to dish out 230 bones on an accufab, and I hate BBK products.
Are the PP throttle bodies worth a damn? I heard they like to stick and stuff but i wanted to hear first hand experience. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

My PP throttle body worked great on my SN95. My local tuner (Karls East Coast Speed) actually recommends PP or Accufab. I usually listen to them because they hold claim to the worlds fastest and quickest 6 speed 07 Shelby Cobra!

shoot, i hear that the typhoon plenum actually causes a power LOSS instead of a gain, i'm just scared to buy it..i don't want to dish out 200 bones on the Accufab. I guess i'll give PP a try

Their throttle body and plenum are good. Kind of cheesy 'stickers' on them, but seems to work good. No problems with them sticking or anything. Nice power increase. Just stay away from their typhoon lower intake manifold. Its crap. I know first hand.

Doesn't seal well, poor casting, actually seemed like the car lost horsepower with the SOTP dyno

alright, so its the typhoon i gotta be worried about, not the throttle body? I mean, its a larger opening so i've gotta have more air coming in..its kinda hard to screw up making a throttle body

Well, alright..I took you guys word over every single bad, horrible, terrible thing i've ever heard about this throttle body, and i drove down to the store and picked up a 75mm Professional Products Polished Throttle Body...we'll see if this thing is worth a crap tomorrow. If it makes any noise or sticks i'm gonna bash on this company forever lol.
On a side note, IMHO, this throttle body looks better than the accufab one, it is very pretty and it looks quality too.

I have had the TB/plenum combo on my last and current 'stang, and they both have been great, except this one did stick a bit right out of the box. I adjusted the stop screw out a tad, and it's perfect. I felt a bit on the SOTP dyno, and the exhaust got a bit deeper. I love it simply because it looks great under the hood, had a noticeable gain regardless of how minimal it may have been, and it was cheap.

Don't start off adjusting the stop bolt if it sticks for some reason, if you improperly adjust it, it can throw off your idle.

Lube the spring up first and see if that helps it. It should be fine though.

Birthday money rocks, i just hit 20. Can't wait till tomorrow till i put this thing in. I'm on a quest to run 13.9 on my car with near bone stock mods. I ran 14.1 with BALD tires, SHOT suspension and a SHOT poorley prepared (one of the worse i have ever experienced in my life) track with a: Accufab plenum, o/r H, mufflers and K&N intake.
I'm hoping if i go back with a pair of used tires, a 75mm TB to go with the plenum, and new shocks and struts i can pull off a 13.99 or something.
My stupid anti wheel spin or whatever you call them shocks out back are blown too, if i can just get that, i just know i can pull off a 13.9

The quad shocks:shrug:? Damn for the shatty conditions thats dang good. I ran a 14.0x with mine bone stock on a decent track and stock tires. You should be in the 13's easy with those mods and the track in good shape. Yea bday money IS nice. I love getting money so i can buy my car more presents:D