• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Are shorties worth it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter deftsound
  • Start date Start date Mar 2, 2009
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

fiveohwblow

Official Member
15 Year Member
Jul 21, 2005
2,169
145
155
Mar 4, 2009
#21
  • Mar 4, 2009
  • #21
My only problem with the stockers is if you look at them they are crimped to death for the assembly process. FAR from mandrel bending... I just dont see how they could even be considered efficient at all
 

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
2,021
85
99
Montgomery, NY
Mar 4, 2009
#22
  • Mar 4, 2009
  • #22
Long Tubes FTMFW
 

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
6,945
1,598
223
Northern KY
Mar 4, 2009
#23
  • Mar 4, 2009
  • #23
Some say it's not worth it and you won't see gains, but my stock long block engine was going 13.50s because of something, and i'm sure the full length headers didn't hurt. Every little bit adds up.
 

RUNINAGT

Member
Oct 3, 2005
237
2
18
CHARLESTON S.C.
Mar 4, 2009
#24
  • Mar 4, 2009
  • #24
I know I read an article in the 5.0 magazine, now it was an old issue like years old, but anyway I read an article on headers and it stated that an easy mod to do were replace the stock headers with either shorties or LT's. They stated that either way it was a gain in performance due to all the crimps the O.E. had. I will ( if I remember) look for it when I get home, I do still have the article,.
 

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
945
1
39
Texas City TX
Mar 4, 2009
#25
  • Mar 4, 2009
  • #25
How involved is installing shorties on a 94? I know LT's are a pain in the ass, i have heard even as much of a pain as on the modulars...But what about shorties?
 

bubba-dough

Active Member
Dec 28, 2004
1,044
2
38
Indiana
Mar 4, 2009
#26
  • Mar 4, 2009
  • #26
I personally think it is a pretty easy install for both shorties & longtubes. I think you might want to stay away from equal length shorty on a 94-95. My buddy ran them on his 95 and they kept melting the steering joint (could've just been the brand though...Hooker Headers).
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
358
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
106
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
B
Screamin Demons Worth It N/A?
  • Blackout67
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
321
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 20, 2025
Noobz347
T
What's it Worth? 2002 GT conv/auto
  • tonydetesta
  • Jan 7, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
3
Views
750
What is it Worth?!?!? Jan 21, 2026
Mustang5L5
D
96 get convertible-sell or part out?
  • DTCstang
  • May 17, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
5
Views
251
What is it Worth?!?!? May 18, 2026
nickyb
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?