Interior and Upholstery Are there any good videos or guides for replacing convertible top

1989FoxFan

Jan 19, 2020
Michigan
Hello, I was thinking about replacing the convertible top in my 89 Mustang. I ended up looking online and seeing if there were any good guides/videos for first timers replacing a top. If there are any good videos. Let me know or link them

Best Regards,

1989FoxFan

• Sponsors (?)

LMR has a video you can buy. You can have mine if interested. I watched it twice , and just did it . No U Tubes for some reason. CarTops Online.com $250 very intense doing it , but worked out great You can see the pump in there

Attachments

• KIMG0093.JPG
    KIMG0093.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 117
  • KIMG0062.JPG
    KIMG0062.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 123
  • KIMG0175.JPG
    KIMG0175.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 122
  • KIMG0060.JPG
    KIMG0060.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 131
Ironic. I was just looking for the same thing. When I put my top down it rips the same spot every time. I wanted a video just to see what may be causing it to happen. I think that when mine was replaced, it was put back together wrong. I am considering fixing the sailcloth and then removing the relay so it wont go back down until I can figure it out.

LMR has a video you can buy. You can have mine if interested. I watched it twice , and just did it . No U Tubes for some reason. CarTops Online.com $250 very intense doing it , but worked out great You can see the pump in there
How long did it take to change it and what was the hardest part?

Took a weekend. Not hard but you need to really think. LMR has the movie . As you take apart the old one you will aee how it goes. Hardest part was slowing down, and not goingfast. I gave the movie to some kid in Michigan.

Reactions: 1 user