Engine Arp bolts?

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
No answer from calling arp, I'm looking for torque numbers for flywheel and pressure plate.I'm hoping someone here has them.

Attachments

• IMG_20200924_154102.jpg
    IMG_20200924_154102.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Sponsors (?)

I did 85ft/lb on the flywheel and 25ft/lb on the pressure plate. Used red loctite for both.

12-24 is factory spec For the pressure plate, and what ford racing gives you for their grade 5 bolts. I give the arp ones just a hair bit more and they’ve been good.

Reactions: 1 users
I did 85ft/lb on the flywheel and 25ft/lb on the pressure plate. Used red loctite for both.

12-24 is factory spec For the pressure plate, and what ford racing gives you for their grade 5 bolts. I give the arp ones just a hair bit more and they’ve been good.
Will go with that,thanks 96.

Arp uses a general range of torque on their fasteners depending on which grade they are, and what size.

When I assembled my engine I used the above as a guide combined with the factory specs and used best judgment. If they were within 5 ft-lbs I went with the higher number..

Except clutch bolts. I have a track record of stripping those out. I think I went 20-24 and called it a day

Arp uses a general range of torque on their fasteners depending on which grade they are, and what size.

When I assembled my engine I used the above as a guide combined with the factory specs and used best judgment. If they were within 5 ft-lbs I went with the higher number..

Except clutch bolts. I have a track record of stripping those out. I think I went 20-24 and called it a day
I just went a little more also.