as rpms rise oil pressure falls.

gt40_2003wes

I did sound a wee bit gay there.
Aug 14, 2005
ky
need a lil help with this guys. first of all i kno the stock guage is just there for a indicator not really accurate.

so when i get in my car start it up on idle it has good oil pressure but the higher the rpms, the lower the oil pressure. i just don't get what is up with this. only been happening the last 3 days.

checked my oil it was fine maybe oil pump? just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and what they did to resolve it.

• Sponsors (?)

Get a real gauge on there ASAP. If your pressure is really dropping as RPM increases, start looking into a new shortblock sooner, rather than later. Chances are you have some excessive bearing clearances, or even worse, a crack somewhere in the main webbing and you're bleeding off oil pressure, if it's dropping with RPM. I wouldn't bet on it being the oil pump, unless you went from having pressure, to having none. Maybe a blocked pickup tube, but you'd have to pull the pan to find out either way.

alright messed around with it some more. it holds great oil pressure until about 1800 rpms then starts falling off between 2grand and 4grand, then it picks back up at 4grand and builds all the way to the limiter.

dunno whats up with this chit. ill definately get a better guage and see whats up.