Ashtray fix....anyone try one of these??

• Sponsors (?)

Meh ... those things get in the way of shifting, 'specially if you have anything bigger than a soda can in there.

My ashtray door solution: super-glue a stack of little magnets underneath the door so it sticks to that little tab on the top of the metal ashtray. Cost me about $1.75 from Ace Hardware. :nice:

Meh ... those things get in the way of shifting, 'specially if you have anything bigger than a soda can in there.

My ashtray door solution: super-glue a stack of little magnets underneath the door so it sticks to that little tab on the top of the metal ashtray. Cost me about $1.75 from Ace Hardware. :nice:

That would work but my door is MIA...dam door cost as much as the cup holder.

Gets in the way of shifting??? Did you have one or??
I will have to take a look at that.

thanks

not a fox, but here's one in an sn95. just about the same spot

PlugnChug97_std.jpg

can you see how it'd get in the way if your car is a manual tranny.

I would just break down and spend the extra 13 bucks for this...
87-93 ASH TRAY DOOR KIT, BLACK, INCLUDES ASH TRAY DOOR AND REPAIR KIT MUSTANG With the repair kit your door will be bullet proof.

Or just get the door and the spring if you want to $ave.

The plug in cup holder will get in the way and it puts the drink up to high where its more likely to spill. The lower the cup holder is in a car the better... usually. You can use the space between the parking brake and passenger seat for a cup holder like everyone else.

I have one, but I have an auto so I cant say anything about the shifting aspect :(. I dont really use it for drinks, maybe spare change or my phone. Mostly cause I got tired of looking at that damn ashtray door

SL731177.jpg

SL731178.jpg

Thanks i think your talking about my exterior color, the crazy thing is my digital camera for a while there for reasons i have no idea was turning my car orange and i kinda like both colors wish i could have 1 of each color lol, as for cupholder matches my interior almost dead on and if u want it out temp. like when im racing i pull it out and lay it on the passenger seat then plug in my nitrous blanket. Heres a pic of my real color i think:rolleyes:
lbi011.jpg

Thanks i think your talking about my exterior color, the crazy thing is my digital camera for a while there for reasons i have no idea was turning my car orange and i kinda like both colors wish i could have 1 of each color lol, as for cupholder matches my interior almost dead on and if u want it out temp. like when im racing i pull it out and lay it on the passenger seat then plug in my nitrous blanket. Heres a pic of my real color i think:rolleyes:
lbi011.jpg

LOL thats funny.
I would have sworn yours was orange...:):)

Mines hugger orange..
Clean ride you have there

I think that they (the round and bulky cup holder) look way out of place. The lines of the entire fox are linear and that thing is bubbly like the ugly (94 to 98) years of the Stang. They do serve a purpose as a cup holder if that is important to you. I just mostly drink water and they have lids on the bottles.......:) I just purchased that rebuild kit from LMR and I will be installing it on Wednesday. The kit changes the entire geometry of the ash tray to avoid future problems with the tray.

I think that they (the round and bulky cup holder) look way out of place. The lines of the entire fox are linear and that thing is bubbly like the ugly (94 to 98) years of the Stang. They do serve a purpose as a cup holder if that is important to you. I just mostly drink water and they have lids on the bottles.......:) I just purchased that rebuild kit from LMR and I will be installing it on Wednesday. The kit changes the entire geometry of the ash tray to avoid future problems with the tray.

i guess u dont like em lol actually it matches my color interior perfect and holds my remote for my stereo and change for tolls i like the way it looks in my car i dont smoke so i dont need and ashtray and i hardly ever used it as a cupholder and like i said i take it out when i race