attn all ye Floridians

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
my fiance and i are going over there on the 18th and coming back on the 20th. we're gonna do the Universal Studios thing, but i was hoping you guys could gimme some advice on a good area to stay.

frankly, i'm not about to pay what the 3 Universal Studios hotels cost--i think it's ridiculous.

i'm looking to be in an ok part of town... nothing ghetto or run down, and as close to Universal Studios as possible.

you know, any average hotels for two nights at around $100 a night.

thanks, guys.

• Sponsors (?)

best western movie land

its the best bang for the buck...its right next to Universal and its clean and Nice and its and 80 bucks. a night for a saturday.... I have stayed in many surroounding hotel and this is in the best of the bunch and great clean.

Id do the Universal thing then head over to Clearwater or St. pete Beach on the west coast, its the time of year thats considered out of season and the rates are cheaper there, I stayed at a place on Mannasota Key, in July of "99 and we had the whole place to ourselves, some dude that used to be in a 60s band callad the Crying Shames owned the motel/resort, it was a blast. :D

I just did the Universal thing yesterday. My friend works there so we got into both parks free for the day. Then we used his discount to get dollar drafts at the Cigar bar at City Walk.

I only live an hour away though, so I have no idea about hotels.

Id do the Universal thing then head over to Clearwater or St. pete Beach on the west coast, its the time of year thats considered out of season and the rates are cheaper there, I stayed at a place on Mannasota Key, in July of "99 and we had the whole place to ourselves, some dude that used to be in a 60s band callad the Crying Shames owned the motel/resort, it was a blast. :D

:nice: I live in Clearwater, very nice area.

thanks for the suggestions--we're keeping an eye out for other places to see while we're there, so i appreciate any recommendations.

seems like going laterally isn't a bad idea.
Watch out for the cops, I went like 10yrs without a moving violation and picked up 3 in 4 years, 2 speeding- no contest--1 reckless driving--beat it with a jury trial :D "Went to Florida on vacation,left with probation,got sent back on a violation" LOL,I heard that saying alot. Have a good time tho.

I was going to mention driving about an hour away for cheaper rates and just drive there in the morning. 66 coupe I'll be in Lakeland in Dec, my sister in law lives near Socrum(sp?) loop road (I call it scrotum lol). Really nice area there...

Scrotum Loop is the popular pronounciation here. Lol
I grew up around that part of town, but 5-yrs ago we moved to the Lake Hollingsworth/Edgewood area further south. For the most part, I like the small-town feel, but I really miss the nightlife aspect of living in Orlando while I was in college.

^that 3.5 hour drive. by the time you get there you have to leave. HAHAHAHA

Hey Paul I have a friend that works at the sheraton/hilton up in altamonte right off I-4 I think he might be able to get $40 per preson. I told him to call me today and see if he can. I let you know.

Make sure you get a ford rental!

its not that far maybe 15-25 minutes depends on how fast you go!

I would let stay wit me but I gots no room.

ahhh man, we just made teh hotel reservations early yesterday (went w/ Movieland)! thanks for the offer, though, Bosko--appreciate you looking out!

Mike: i think i might still have it at my brother-in-law's, but i'll have to make sure. they got rid of a lot of junk metal and it might have gone with it.

:nice: you wont regret it. what did it run ya....your going to like it becuase it right on the strip and like 5 mins from the universal city walk parking.... Oh and if you dont mind spend a couple extra bucks valet its worth the walk you save yourself. Have fun:lol:I will be going for Halloween horror night....