• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Automatic idle problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spook302
  • Start date Start date Apr 22, 2008
S

Spook302

Member
Jun 21, 2005
109
2
18
Durango CO.
Apr 22, 2008
#1
  • Apr 22, 2008
  • #1
I am working on a buddies car. I just finished the heater core(Lots of fun!), and some other things I was fixing for him and one thing he asked me to check was his idle. It is way to high. I know that automatics idle higher when not in drive but this car idles at 1350 before putting it into drive. What timing do you usually set auto at. I know you need to set it while it is in drive so Ive heard. I tried setting the idle with the IAC unplugged but once I plug it back in it idles preety high again. when it is in drive its not so high but I dont know why it would idle this high. Fully warm it does this. With the spout out the timing is around 10-11.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

7
Engine Random hanging idle
  • 706 Saleen
  • Feb 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
739
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Feb 19, 2026
86HO5.0
8
M
Idle control problems
  • miser143
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
139
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 29, 2026
DadLife0724
C
Engine Idle cuts out
  • claypoolxx
  • Mar 7, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
25
Views
988
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 24, 2026
alutwon
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
436
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
S
Mach 1 iac valve in a 4.6 gt
  • solodriverz
  • Jun 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
140
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 5, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?