Battery Relocation ?

• Sponsors (?)

Okay so I got everything hooked up but I have one problem, the starter cable and new positive cable extension wont both fit on the original positive terminal's bolt (it's too short). I would replace it but it looks like it's riveted in.

I tried connecting it to the positive terminal upstream of the fusebox but it wouldn't draw enough power.

I might try to drill out the bolt and replace but I'm thinking there has to be a better way right?

I got everything hooked but it still wont turn over. It's throwing the codes (2104, and 2111). I think it is due to insufficient ground but the grounding cable is like a foot long so it doesn't leave you with hardly any options. I drilled and taped a hole in the trunkbed but that isn't cutting it.

It's mounted in the rear passenger side but I can't seem to locate a better spot.

Any suggestions??

I got everything hooked but it still wont turn over. It's throwing the codes (2104, and 2111). I think it is due to insufficient ground but the grounding cable is like a foot long so it doesn't leave you with hardly any options. I drilled and taped a hole in the trunkbed but that isn't cutting it.

It's mounted in the rear passenger side but I can't seem to locate a better spot.

Any suggestions??

I'm assuming when you grounded the negative in the trunk, that you removed any paint on the metal before grounding it? I know it seems like a simple solution, but it is stupid little things like that, that are the easiest to forget. Even if you did scrape all the paint off, try adding some white lithium grease... It helps the contact points, and should also prevent most corrosion around the area.:nice:

Yeah I sanded the trunk down to the metal before I grounded it. But that doesn't seem to be enough.

From other sites I have heard you need a ground not only in the trunk but also one to the block. Anyone know if this is true?

Seems pretty shaddy that a $120 battery relocation kit would leave that kinda important detail out...