• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

BBK CIA Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter SilverBullet00
  • Start date Start date Jul 14, 2004
S

SilverBullet00

New Member
Jul 5, 2004
1,150
0
0
Wichita, KS
Jul 14, 2004
#1
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #1
Ok, I'll admit it... I didn't do any research before I bought my CIA from BBK. I just got the summit catalog in the mail, took it to work and ordered it right away! Now after looking at the forums I see a lot of people suggesting other intakes. It looks really nice under the hood but I seem to be having a problem with it. Everytime I try to rev the engine up, or SOTP off the line there is a delay!!! I probably get the gas pedal in 3/8's of the way before the tach really climbs! This is extremely annoying, has anyone else ran into this? How can I fix it!!? I already tried resetting the computer

2000 mustang GT
5 Speed
 
2

2002BLGT

Well-Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
2,945
4
59
Bedford VA
Jul 14, 2004
#2
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #2
my car did this after the K&N and headers were on , I think its just the nature of the machine ..... a tune might help it out ....
 
R

Rocketman

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
730
0
0
SoCal
Jul 14, 2004
#3
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #3
BBK CAI here. It was my first mod and the car had less than 500 miles on it. I have 14K now and have never had a problem. My throttle response is excellent!
 

StangLou

Active Member
Jul 9, 2003
1,264
0
36
Holly Springs, NC
Jul 14, 2004
#4
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #4
I have a BBK CAI and have had 0 problems with it. Ford tried to blame my bad starting problem on it, but it turned out to be a bad eec code that the Diablosport chip fixed.
Everyone on here has a different opinion on what works. If you try to make them happy, youll never be happy. Get what you want for your car man. This site can be an ok tool to gather info from, but using it to make your own decisions for you will only piss you off more.
 

boby

New Member
Jul 29, 2003
28
0
0
Jul 14, 2004
#5
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #5
I've had one problem with mine. A few months after it went on it became lose and was causing the car to run really lean so the check engine light went on. Cost $90 to reinstall it but haven't had any problems since.
 

damacman

Member
Aug 12, 2003
529
0
16
Phoenix, AZ
Jul 14, 2004
#6
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #6
All is not lost, do a search for the DarkWolf Mod and do it . . . it works.
 
F

Fonzarelli

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
122
0
0
Michigan
Jul 14, 2004
#7
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #7
Didnt have any problems with mine but if you really want to do something about throttle response try dropping in a set of NGK denso iridiums.
 

uk01gt

New Member
Apr 10, 2004
37
0
0
England
Jul 15, 2004
#8
  • Jul 15, 2004
  • #8
Never had any problems with mine, less than an hour to install..even with the PITA filter. Looks great, sounds better...and just maybe a tad in the SOTP dept. (Don't use the pathetic piece of breather hose they give you..it's too thin, and effectively clamps shut. I bought a short piece of fuel line type hose from the local auto shop.)

 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
'96 Cobra: A/C gets weak and engine misfires under load when warm
  • jruhnke
  • Oct 22, 2025
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
2
Views
385
SVT Tech Forum Nov 20, 2025
nickyb
K
Engine 2000 Mustang GT - Fuel issue post-blown spark plug repair
  • kenster1092
  • Feb 26, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
452
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 10, 2026
kenster1092
K
F
Trouble Shooting Sudden Shift of AFR at low RPM
  • Farva_84
  • Jun 6, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
568
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 8, 2025
Farva_84
F
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
236
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
S
Engine Stalls when downshifting/coasting
  • Scott_S
  • Nov 5, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
827
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 6, 2025
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?