Sep 25, 2005
Cincinnati area
Does anyone run the BBK valve covers?

Part number 1805

Look like this?

If so, are they stock height?

1805.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well in my never ending quest to find valve covers that actually fit my engine....I came across those and they're billed as having extra clearance inside for rollers.....and they seem to be a bit bigger at the top than normal. But if they're not stock height, doesn't do me much good.

I'll try to contact that guy...thanks!

Yeah removing the baffles on the stockers isn't the issue.

Its removing all the extra brace spots inside that are the issue with my rockers. My polymer covers were smooth and open on the inside. Stockers have so much extra crap....I have been working on grinding the inside of a stocker smooth all the way around except for the bolt hole areas.

I heard back from the BBK guy and seem pretty confident these might do the trick. Checking on return policies.

I think I could get a stocker to fit, but if I can avoid the hours of labor then I'd go with BBK.

My rockers are 1.6 Crane, not sure on the part number.

Well I finally got a stock one to fit! I am getting two more stockers and going to clearance them and have them powder coated all for $60!

I'll post some pics up of the clearancing once I get it all done just so you have an idea of the room needed.

I found out that the BBK valve covers are slightly taller than stock. :shrug:

Yup, sure did! I took some pics last night but didn't get them uploaded...my pc is acting all screwy at home. Did two of them last night and having them powder coated today. It wasn't much fun and took two people about 3.5 hours.