Be honest please!

• Sponsors (?)

NO! I call those a hot air filter lol. I added one a few years ago to my 5.0 , and the car felt like it lost some low end power. I think it was due to all the heat it was taking in.

I say get it. ANYTHING is better than stock and it looks pretty good in the customer photos. Not bad for only $55.

I dont see how thats better than the stock intake. This one is metal which soaks up heat, the plastic one doesnt.

The only benefit I can see is that the inside of this one is smooth.

IMO I would either get a drop in k&n and remove the silencer or go with a JLT CAI.

This is a never ending debate.

You will see lower IAT's with anything other than stock. The whole hot air intake is false. I have run an eBay intake for approx. 6 months on my car. It was a short ram just like the AM one. I now have a Steeda CAI, but it only offers a cleaner looking quality piece than a shiny piece of intake piping.

Sure the metal may soak heat, but how long is the air staying in the pipe to get heated up? Seriously. The bigger the piping the lower the IAT because there is more air able to travel, thus not allowing for heat from the pipe to heat it as fast as the stocked ribbed intake rubber thing.