Been a quiet, but fun Summer

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
Hey all,

I've been keeping a lower profile, lots of work at home, Deanna goes to college this fall.

One thing I have been doing alot of is instructing and racing. Having a great time doing it too! COBRASK8 has been just phenominal, brutally fast, handling great, a noisy, tossablem, fun track companion! Mid august I have a back-to-back track events at Millville NJ and Watkins Glen.

Here's the monster in action...

Car is a blast!

Just look for the Gel-Coat Cobra everybody is laughing at!

F-em! If any of the trailer-queen crowd wants to run the track with you; THEN they get to call you on Cobrask8's appearance!

Otherwise, they're just commenting as posers.

Whew! - Where did that come from??????
Probably from rcgroups.com; reading comments from guys watching the other guys coming up with all kinds of "operational improvement mods" to the plane that I - along with a lot of others - fly for fun.
The little critter (GWS "Slow-Stick", for those who give a care) is ugly as a sin.... doesn't look anything like a "real" model plane, spindly, slow, the antithesis of aerobatic.... but the little sucker can be crashed, taped/glued back together, modded to the n-th degree, and it just keeps on flyin'.
While the 'scale' crowd cringes in terror - "What???? Modify my Citabria, Pitt's Special, whatever to carry a still camera/video camera/"ping-pong-ball bomb-drop-device"/whatever? Are you crazy?????????" - Slow-stick guys are hanging all of the above on planes stiffened with CF rods, FF foam, coro-plast, brushless motors and the like and flying the crap outta their $35 model planes.......

Just like cars...... Is it show? Or is it GO???
(We really need a icon to follow questions like that!

Glad somebody has been enjoying their summer....I've been out of work on "medical leave" since May21st, and looks like I'm gonna have to file for SSDI soon.

Oh, did I mention that this has been an UN-paid leave (no benefit time.) and I am now officially broke and looking at bankrupt?

The ONLY good thing so far has that I have gotten a little work done on sally, she is now roll-able (if I have to move, or **gasp** sell her) and the drivers door is ready for it's new skin and it should be back on sally by next weekend.

Damn......where did THAT thunderstorm come from?