Expired 2000 GT Track HPDE car

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossman429

Feb 20, 2004
Reluctantly I am putting my very cherished Mustang up for sale. In an attempt to move toward some more family oriented hobbies the track toy needs to go. I’ve realized I’m probably not going to convince my wife to enjoy this hobby with me… so on to bigger if not better things.
I’ve owned the car since 2002 when I graduated high school. It was purchased with 25k miles on it and become my pride and joy. It has ALWAYS been garaged kept, I don’t think it’s seen a flake of snow since I’ve owned it and meticulously cared for (to the point of obsession some would say). I put only another 25k miles on the car over the next 11 years. Car currently has 56k miles on it. 4.5 yrs ago I got involved with HPDE events and the car hasn’t been registered for street use in the past 3 years or so. It’s been extensively upgraded but it’s really not that far away from being a streetable car again.
This car would make an excellent track day toy, TT car or even a very good car for an AI build.
Car has been tuned by Wicked Motorsports and put down 287rwhp and 310 ft/lbs tq. It’s very responsive and much quicker than the HP # would lead you to believe.
IMG_0553.jpg

20120527_NJM_TT_4168.jpg

Engine:
Original 4.6L 16V SOHC V8 w/ 56k miles on it.
VT Stage II cams w/ Comp Cams valve springs
Steeda Under Drive pulleys
C&L Intake tube, K&N Air Filter, C&L upper intake plenum and Accufab Throttle Body
Exhaust:
JBA Stainless Steel Short Tube Headers (very high quality headers IMO and best of all you can change the clutch w/out removing them
BBK Off Road X pipe
Magnaflow Mufflers
Drivetrain:
Pro 5.0 Short throw shift
Fidanza AL flywheel
Centerforce Clutch
Steeda firewall clutch cable adjuster
Steeda Al clutch quadrant
FRPP AL Driveshaft
31 spline Auburn Pro Race series differential
4.10 FRPP Ring and pinion
31 spline Moser Axles
Wheels/Tires:
Ford 17x9 Cobra R wheels (95 style)
Toyo R888 275/40/17

Brakes:
Front 13” 4 piston 2000 Cobra R Brembo, braided stainless steel lines
3” brake ducts
Rear Cobra Vented 11.65 Rotors w/ Cobra Rear Calipers
Exterior:
03/04 cobra front bumper
Saleen side scoops
Cervinis 00 cobra R hood
Interior/Safety:
Kirkey Intermediate racing seats (15” drivers, 16” passenger
6 point Weld in AutoPower roll cage
5 point racing harness
Suspension:
Front:
Steeda Competition Road Race springs
Tokico D-Spec Adjustable Struts
Steeda Bump Steer kit
Steeda Sway Bar End Links
Steeda Caster/Camber Plates
Steeda X2Ball joints
Stock Sway bar ( I have an upgraded Eibach sway bar kit that can some with it), I was trying to dial in the correct set up and switched back to the stock set up)
Rear:
Steeda 5 link rear suspension
D&D lower control arms
Steeda Comp springs
Tokico d-spec adjustable shocks
Eibach sway bar
Steering:
Maximum Motorsports Steering shaft
Chassis:
Tubular weld on subframe connectors

Misc:
Raptor LED shift light
AXM transponder hard wired w/ lighted on/off switch
Brand new dry cell PC680 battery (weighs 12lbs)
AC system has been removed, along with the radio.
Interior is stripped out and the inside has been painted with eastwood extreme chassis paint. I have just about all the interior pieces minus the rear side panels, OEM seats (I have a rear seat delete to replace the rear seats) Door cards will not fit with the weld in cage, but everything else should. All interior items are in great condition.
I’m probably missing some items but you get the idea. This vehicle is very capable, an absolute blast to drive, and rather quick. It’s not overwhelming but can certainly hold its own. The tune is phenominal and has great power throughout the rev range. The suspension makes its 100 times more neutral to drive and does not have the typical mustang under steer. Its reliable as all hell. Has NEVER been in an accident (on or off track). Paint is in great condition, with the exception of a few chips here and there on the front as any car that’s been on the track would have. Power windows and locks still in the car and work. (very convenient for when it starts to rain while you’re at the track).
Issues – the only possible issue is a small chip in the windshield from a rock that got kicked up on the track. If it’s a deal breaker I’ll gladly have it repaired by safelite or the likes. It’s been there for a year and hasn’t spread at all.
Price - $9,000. There is more than that much in parts alone.
Car is located in Monmouth County NJ – please call 732-874-4134 if interested - Adrian
Vid I put together:

I also have a 17’ open car trailer w/ dove tails. (2) 3500lbs axles, Brakes on one axle w/ break away kit. Newer tires, brand new spare, lockable tool box up front. – if interested I would be willing to make a package deal.
Here is a picture of the trailer... its carrying my 4500lbs Land Rover and does it just fine.
IMG_0430.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.