best car chase movies ?

• Sponsors (?)

The above plus Vanishing point, Two lane blacktop, American Graffiti (not chases but one of greatest car movies), Dirty marry and Crazy larry, and one other that I dont know the name of ...
*trivia anyone*
two guys in a primered 39-41 willys with a hemi going cross country street racing...the night before the big show-down the competition drops a brick on the accel and blows the motor in the willys, of course the only suitable replacement engine in town, is in the local cops car... you can guess the rest. anyhow, any ideas...

DD
:flag: :nice:

two guys in a primered 39-41 willys with a hemi going cross country street racing...the night before the big show-down the competition drops a brick on the accel and blows the motor in the willys, of course the only suitable replacement engine in town, is in the local cops car... you can guess the rest. anyhow, any ideas...

What is "Hot Rod" Alex?

Nothing beats Bullitt for a good chase scene. I may be burned at the stake for it, but what about Smokey and the Bandit (first one). That's always been a favorite of mine.

Hollywood Knights is a great one, though there really isn't any chase.

"To Live and Die in L.A."

Nobody else has seen this movie. Most of it is pretty lousy, but the chase scene was inspired. First ever, I believe, to do the now routine "wrong direction on the freeway" gag.

codemonkey said:
What is "Hot Rod" Alex?

Nothing beats Bullitt for a good chase scene. I may be burned at the stake for it, but what about Smokey and the Bandit (first one). That's always been a favorite of mine.

Hollywood Knights is a great one, though there really isn't any chase.

Burned at the stake would be stating how awesome the police chase scene was in "Black Sheep" when they get stoned after the hose on the nitrous bottle pops and they get stopped by the highway patrol. :p

I am trying to think of some others, but I just can't :Damnit: