• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Best Exhaust?

  • Thread starter Thread starter themustangkid
  • Start date Start date Sep 20, 2007
T

themustangkid

New Member
Sep 16, 2007
1
0
0
Sep 20, 2007
#1
  • Sep 20, 2007
  • #1
I know there are quite a few out there so hopefully yous guyses can help me out. Whats the best sounding and performing exhaust out there for the 05 GT? Currently i'm leaning towards the SLP Loudmouth system but wanted more input. Thanx
 

gashog

Member
Dec 26, 2006
139
0
16
Fresno, CA
Sep 20, 2007
#2
  • Sep 20, 2007
  • #2
Welcome to stangnet,

this topic has been discussed a lot here, it's all subjective. There are lots of opinions on sound, but axlebacks don't usually give you any real performance gains. My suggestion to you is do a search on the forums, or scour the net for sound clips.

I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Go on youtube and search your favorite system and you'll get a pretty good sampling of sounds.
 

blacksheep06

New Member
Jan 31, 2006
288
0
0
Sep 20, 2007
#3
  • Sep 20, 2007
  • #3
youtube has the biggest number of s197 exhaust videos you'll find anywhere. You can make your best exhaust decision there instead of counting on opinions of others.
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Sep 20, 2007
#4
  • Sep 20, 2007
  • #4
Here are some of my vids.

View attachment 361761

View attachment 361763

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCeJZMWL2sU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_vIkNi4aA0
 
H

Hoboattacker

New Member
Sep 7, 2005
542
0
0
Baton Rouge (LSU) / Houston, TX
Sep 21, 2007
#5
  • Sep 21, 2007
  • #5
There is thread on here somewhere where a guy went through virtually every combination and posted his comments on them all. Cost him a lot of money but it all turned out for great information for the rest of us.
 

metroplex

Member
Sep 7, 2003
405
1
16
SE MI
Sep 21, 2007
#6
  • Sep 21, 2007
  • #6
tagged for the URL to that thread.
 
K

kkdoughboy

New Member
Jul 20, 2007
212
0
0
Pennsylvania
Sep 21, 2007
#7
  • Sep 21, 2007
  • #7
I wish I had a vid for you to hear my setup but I dont. I have JBA Shortys Magnaflow Catted X and Magnaflow Magnapacks. It is freaking amazing. Sounds much different than my 95 5.0 with Catted H and Flowmaster American Thunders. Not as deep and droney but just f'in sweet. Have fun shopping!
 
K

kkdoughboy

New Member
Jul 20, 2007
212
0
0
Pennsylvania
Sep 21, 2007
#8
  • Sep 21, 2007
  • #8
Hey Kooldawg, Those vids make me wanna go out and get 4.10's tomorrow. I have more mods than you on my ride and its 5 spd but I dont think mine is that damn fast. Props man!
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Sep 22, 2007
#9
  • Sep 22, 2007
  • #9
Plus the 4.10s help the exhaust sound alot by keeping your RPMs higher
 

stangfx

New Member
Dec 23, 2005
1
0
0
Sep 23, 2007
#10
  • Sep 23, 2007
  • #10
Ya, the SLPs sound great. I bought a set but they are too loud for me when the convertible top is down. They sound like a muscle car should with the top up, though. If you have a coupe you'll probably love them. I have them for sale in the classifieds if you're interested. PM me for pics.
 
R

ranger04

New Member
Jul 28, 2007
245
0
0
Sep 23, 2007
#11
  • Sep 23, 2007
  • #11
Personally, I think the sound the factory exhaust is awesome, if it was just amplified a bit it would be perfect.
 
M

mojopony

New Member
Sep 9, 2007
71
1
0
Sep 23, 2007
#12
  • Sep 23, 2007
  • #12
ranger04 said:
Personally, I think the sound the factory exhaust is awesome, if it was just amplified a bit it would be perfect.
Click to expand...


Yeah, the stock exhaust sounds pretty nice albeit a little quiet. I want to try either Hooker Aerochamber or Magnaflow (non-magnapack) axleback. Maybe a ProChamber mid-pipe down the road a bit. I'm just curious about the Hookers because its kind of a hybrid design. I usually prefer straight through designs over chambered. I guess I'm an old fart since I don't mind the "glasspack" tone.
 

GOLDENPONY

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2002
1,503
0
36
LOVELAND, OHIO
Sep 23, 2007
#13
  • Sep 23, 2007
  • #13
Exhaust

CORSA
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Sep 24, 2007
#14
  • Sep 24, 2007
  • #14
ranger04 said:
Personally, I think the sound the factory exhaust is awesome, if it was just amplified a bit it would be perfect.
Click to expand...

Oh, you mean like this!?!?!?!?!
Pypes O/R H pipe, rest is all stock exhaust.
View attachment 361087
View attachment 361089
 

metroplex

Member
Sep 7, 2003
405
1
16
SE MI
Sep 24, 2007
#15
  • Sep 24, 2007
  • #15
That was really smooth downshifting on the highway!
 

Mydnyghte

Member
Jun 3, 2005
137
0
16
Greensboro, NC
Sep 25, 2007
#16
  • Sep 25, 2007
  • #16
Hoboattacker said:
There is thread on here somewhere where a guy went through virtually every combination and posted his comments on them all. Cost him a lot of money but it all turned out for great information for the rest of us.
Click to expand...

:raises hand:

I can't begin to express how much regret I have over not being able to get a clip of any of the setups. But, you live you learn. And spend lots of money doing so
 

seal614

Member
Jul 4, 2007
0
0
6
Philadelphia
Sep 26, 2007
#17
  • Sep 26, 2007
  • #17
Just bought the FRPP GTA's Axle back from Ninosport for $265 shipped. Let's hope they sound good!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Exhaust Exhaust resonance
  • keel
  • Jul 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
318
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 11, 2026
keel
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
88
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
438
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
144
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
194
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?