Best Quality Replacement Fenders?

1200gt

Nov 29, 1999
I am going to replace my fenders soon before going to paint. I'm having a hard time deciding who makes the best quality aftermarket OE Fenders.

Found a set for $258.00 to the door from "Replacement Brand" thru a company named DriveWire. Thier pieces are billed as Galvanized Steel and Electrostatic Primed, with 500 to 1000 ours of weather testing.

This sounds good, but I don't want soda cans for fender.

LMR has a set for $329. to the door.

Other prices are all over the place, from $41 to $399 each!

Anybody have any references or review comments about fenders you've bought???

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

IMO, I have found great replacement panels at the U pull it. I've even found replacement doors, trunklids, and many other body parts that were all OEM Ford pieces. Most simply needs to be stripped, prepped, and painted. Maybe a little bit of hammer/dolly and a light skim coat.

Thanks Mike, unfortunately here in Ft.. Lauderdale Miami area there are fewwwww places to find pony salvageed parts. Now if I were in say Atlanta, I'd be set with Prestiege for sure. So it looks like im on the websearch for new replacement stuff.

Anyone else have any ideas??

Thanks Mike, unfortunately here in Ft.. Lauderdale Miami area there are fewwwww places to find pony salvageed parts. Now if I were in say Atlanta, I'd be set with Prestiege for sure. So it looks like im on the websearch for new replacement stuff.

Anyone else have any ideas??

I'm in S florida as well. Check out eddyson enterprises in Miami. They have 100's of salvaged Mustangs and every part you can think of.

Honestly man, I'd stay away from repo fenders. The fitment is always going to be sub-par compared to OEM. Check craigslist. That's how I was able to find a pair of straight 91-93 fenders for my project. $75 for both of them to boot.

I have an 86GT that I am converting back from the aero nose to four eyes, so I need fenders from 79-90.

I've been doing Eddyson's in Miami for years, little 79-04 stuff. They are only working 05 and up for the most part, according to the owner but they do still have a few leftovers from the early models. Check with them just in case... I did get a reinforcement from them and a hood. I already have a good set of 93 pieces.

I'm reading of guys moding the fender extensions from the 86's and even the fenders - not clear on how they work this out. I am also runing a set of 18x9's so clearance is a part of this equationThey fit, guys are wearing them now. just have to pull the peces together.

I'm so hear you about the repo stuff - you'd think new would be a plus. I hear a lot of insurance crash repairs are made with the repo stuff for other car types. I plan to have my car for a long time and would rather get a good strong, straight set of fender from the getgo.

Funny id how the prices are all over the map! $$$ I'd pay for a reall decent pair of repos if they were just that, a good set.

Still on the hunt.... Maybe someone else has gotten a good set from the higher price range... LMK

I've been considering a pair or 91-93 fenders for mine before i paint it. Repro's are about $100 a side. Having been in the body business for the past few years I can tell you that a good repro is good quality and fit. It's not like it used to be. We deal with a place called Keystone and they always send stuff that fits and I am picky as heck about fitment and what kind of work I deliver.

Hey Mike, where are you at in SOFla? I'm up in Pines...

Dwayne

Dwayne, I'm in PB County. I was at the U PULL it in WPB today and they had 3 fox body mustangs with nice fenders on them. There was a real nice blue vert which I was able to get some parts off. It had a Cervini ram air hood and smooth trunk lid with a cobra wing which I wanted but before I could get to the car some bunch of damn AZZHATS used a HAMMER AND A CHISEL to get the hood and rear wing off. Rather than taking the trunk lid with the wing or unbolting the wing the idiots CHISELED the wing off the trunk leaving huge holes in the trunk lid. I offered to buy the trunk and wing for $100 but they said no,. They butchered up the car, breaking many parts they didn't want and tearing up the interior so no one else would get any parts. They needed the front bumper styrofoam support and used a HAMMER AND CHISEL to separate the front fender extensions from the nose. I was begging them to stop, but there was 6 of them and they started to get pissed at me and I was by myself so I shut up. Meanwhile, they kept asking me for advice as to what was good and what they should take. Talk about balls.

I saw a set of Headman shorty headers in decent shape, a nice 13o amp alt. a few 95-96 MAF's, a set of underdrive pulleys, a nice set of LX tailpipes, some nice black interior plastic parts, bunch of upgraded speakers, there were 2 real nice back glass portions for convert tops., There was a brand new top that I was going to take but my car is a 90 and the top was on an 83 which I think is different. There was some nice window trim, decent black carpet, good rear view mirrors., good glass. There was good set of KYB front struts and rear shocks.a bkack magic fan with no thermostat control. A couple good rear window motors for converts.

I may be heading back up there Monday again to get some of those parts so if anyone is interested let me know and we can work a deal.

I have a TON of parts I am selling. Let me know what you need and maybe I have it.

I put the higher model fender Keystone offered on my car over 10 years ago, it fit perfect my body guy was pleasantly surprised and he was super picky.

Reactions: 1 user
mikestang63
Sounds like you have a ton of luck for finding Aftermarket parts at the junk yard. Here, as soon as a fox comes in with decent parts, its stripped clean. Or it's just another useless 2.3l that I can't use.

Hey, I was at the UPULL in WPB today again. They have at least 3 fox body Mustangs with good front fenders. Be warned though, they just sold out to another company and the damn prices on some parts doubled or tripled! Call and ask before you drive up how much fenders are.