Best Seats for a Tall Guy of six foot six

bretamo

May 13, 2005
As the title mentions....I'm in search for the best seats for a tall guy. I like the stock seats, but mine are in need of replacing. The highback type seat would be a plus, given my head is well above the head rest right now. No need to get racing belts, would like to keep the standard seat belts.

What's the best option for a tall guy?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm 6'3, relocate the seat brackets. if you are the only one in the car do a back seat delete so it wont look goofy with the fronts pushed all the way back to the rear seat

6'5" here - I use the stock seats and have relocated the seat track on the seat. The holes are marked on the track you just need to drill them out and tap them or place a nut on the under side. I have been meaning to try to cut down the height of the stock seat by cutting the stock seat track risers (kind of like a chop-top on a car). I also tried the 04 cobra seats in my car and they put me way too high up :( Keep me posted and good luck.

i'm 6'4" and run a stock 86' GT seat, i like the feeling of sitting up high(i'm used to my truck), so my knees are close tot he dash, i've driven it so long like that i wouldent change a thing, it does make me want to see what i can do about moving it back tho..

~Mark~

I dont think I can fix the lean or sag in my stangs seat either. That is why I am looking for good ideas for replacement seats.

Someone mentioned Corbeau sports seats, and I like the way they look. They have two kinds, the normal and the "wide".

Would the Corbeau "wide" seats fit okay in a 92gt? Does anyone have them installed?

In closing, its good to see other tall guys in the Fox bodies. For me, it is a sports car that I can actually fit in and feel confy. Cant say that about too many chevys. :)

I'm 6 foot even, and my 2000 gt seats fit like a charm, and I got about 3-4" between my head and the ceiling. I dont "gangster lean" when I drive either.

I think 6 foot 6 would sit pretty high up though... thats another half a foot.... damn... yea nevermind.

After reading the title, my first thought for an answer was the back seat. :rlaugh:

As mentioned, the seat-track extenders might help ya (LMM has some for not too much $$, IIRC. KB used to have some but they might be scarce). I considered them awhile back but never got any, so no feedback.

Good luck.