best shorty headers??

• Sponsors (?)

thanks guys.....unfortunately theres no way i can get the ceramic coating.....high school junior=VERY low income....lol....anyway....what makes the FRPP so much better than any other shorty header, and what makes one heder better than the next....i am talkin about all 1-5/8 in primaries and 2.5 in collectors btw.....

do these look like the FMS headers to you guys? They are obviously used and need collector studs, but I can get the pair for around $60 bucks if he still has them.

5.0l002.jpg

GTPhreak said:
do these look like the FMS headers to you guys? They are obviously used and need collector studs, but I can get the pair for around $60 bucks if he still has them.

5.0l002.jpg

They look like it to me. Mine have a "ford motorsport" plaque on the passenger side header. Might want to look for that.

I have smog. with what i am doing longtubes would be super easy to just drop in while the heads are off. but I plan to run a turbo sooner or later and the longtubes wont work whereas i can reuse the shorties. smog pump is coming off anyway when i do the h/c/i its worthless

save up some money and go with the FRPP ceramic shorties. you won't regret it. i'm on an extremely limited budget myself and waiting longer to get some better parts is definitely worth it in my opinion. if you buy **** now, you will definitely regret it later when you spend more money to replace the junk you bought earlier...but to each his own, i suppose. my ceramic coated FRPP's went on with no problems and are holding up excellent. i recommend you consider them especially if you are looking to stick with shorties...oh, and you definitely don't have to take apart your steering rack if you choose to use the FRPP's, even though the instructions claim you need to...

What do you long tube guys do for emissions?...BTW...I run the Mac shorties with the HTS coating and they fit and look like ass. I've always heard bbk was much better...and the local stang shop around here recommends JBA headers...they look sweet too. I regret buying the Macs and not the JBA's, but it was a difference betweern 140 and 375 dollars and I was in a hurry.