15 Year Member
Oct 6, 2011
THE BUCKET
GO FASTER DAD!!!

IMG_2922.JPG

Reactions: 17 users
  • Sponsors (?)

awesome!!!
my earliest memory is from the backseat, in a chair, yelling faster daddy faster...
'57 Chev Bel Air, black on black... 292cu.in. with 327 fuelie bits including solid cam... 7600rpm shift point, 4spd muncie, 9"... ran 12.9s back in the late 60's early 70's... the one car my Dad says he should never have sold... apparently I came home from the hospital in that bad boy, tho I'll admit I don't recall that.
Enjoy... still love Dad telling the stories of he and I going for a zip.

Reactions: 2 users
awesome!!!
my earliest memory is from the backseat, in a chair, yelling faster daddy faster...
'57 Chev Bel Air, black on black... 292cu.in. with 327 fuelie bits including solid cam... 7600rpm shift point, 4spd muncie, 9"... ran 12.9s back in the late 60's early 70's... the one car my Dad says he should never have sold... apparently I came home from the hospital in that bad boy, tho I'll admit I don't recall that.
Enjoy... still love Dad telling the stories of he and I going for a zip.

That's how I got hooked. My father always had mustangs since I can remember. 69 or 70 blue Mach 1, ultra rare 71 convertible w/ 429 SCJ (wish he kept that one), but my favorite was probably the 64 1/2 T5 convertible, from West Germany I believe. 3 on floor with straight 6. That's how I learned to wrench in our effort to restore it. Ending up selling it but still love that car.

Reactions: 1 users
Cool... after that car Dad drove some rough rigs... until he rounded up '72 Monte with factory 454... then came siblings and a long list of full sized GM sourced station wagons...
I used to need his work trucks on some weekends, and I'd trade him my LX for his work truck... the bug got a hold of him again and he now has a mint '91 GT vert warmed over with FoMoCo bits and a custom cam... first non GM vehicle he has ever owned... 70years old and still has the bug.

Reactions: 2 users
Awesome.

It gets better once they're using the normal seatbelt. I think I've acquired my gangster lean in the driver seat from buckling them from the front.

The best part of my kids day was when I picked him up at daycare and romped on the gas to make the left turn onto the main road. It was always heavy traffic and you went when you had the chance. He loved the windows down for the full throttle blast to 60.

Reactions: 1 users
My 3 year old loves to ride in the Mustang. She always asks if I'm driving it when I come to pick her for my parents house.

Not sure why the picture is rotated.
20170408_121742.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Great thread guys. When my kids were small, I used to take them in my 85 hatch drag car that did low 10's on the motor... We used to do little blast runs on a deserted road by my house... definitely was a "don't tell mom" thing.... which they normally did anyway and i got yelled at :rlaugh:

Reactions: 3 users