Better Seating Position for 2000 GT?

qgt40

Feb 27, 2021
Michigan
So I just recently bought a 2000 GT and I’ve noticed that the ergonomics were designed for someone who’s about 5’5. I’m about 6’0-6’1 and the seating position is awful. My knees hit the wheel when shifting and my arm is fully extended and can barely reach the shifter. It seems my torso needs to come closer and my legs need to get lower. What’s the solution, aftermarket seat? Would love some help, thanks y’all.

• Sponsors (?)

So I just recently bought a 2000 GT and I’ve noticed that the ergonomics were designed for someone who’s about 5’5. I’m about 6’0-6’1 and the seating position is awful. My knees hit the wheel when shifting and my arm is fully extended and can barely reach the shifter. It seems my torso needs to come closer and my legs need to get lower. What’s the solution, aftermarket seat? Would love some help, thanks y’all.
I’m two inches shorter than you. I didn’t like the high seating position and lack of side bolstering. I eventually got some corbeau fx1 seats with corbeau seat mounts. So much better - you feel like you are sitting in the car rather than the weird ergonomics of sitting on a phone book. I was able to slide the seat up reasonably to the steering wheel without my knees hitting and reach everything nicely.

Pick a seat type and width that you’ll like. (Everyone likes a different seat). If you need the back seat or like a relaxed seating position make sure you don’t get a fixed back (I barely use my back seat / like an upright seating position so I love the fixed back).