Beware Ford Extended Warranty (ESP) SVT Motor

68conv4sp

Oct 24, 2005
Ford is refusing the transfer an extended warranty to me (per the contract terms Section 11A) for my Ford Factory crate 4.6 32V. They will not explain why and have decided to break the contract. I assume this is because a large Corporation can ignore one person, and their new internal policy is to discourage fulfillment of Extended Warranty Contracts. Beware if you are tempted to trust the Ford ESP division.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, I was unclear. I purchased a car with a Ford Factory Reman Engine with a Transferrable Extended Warranty (ESP) (contract section 11A). Apparently Ford has decided not to honor the contract despite the previous owner's Transfer payment of $50 to Ford. It appears that they are not confident that their workmanship in the crate engine will last the final year of the contract, even though there is nothing wrong with the engine at this time.

I am surprised that Ford ESP is willing to risk its reputation on such a clearly unlawful position.

That sounds like a pattern of corrupt dealing. Ford should be building brand equity through honesty - not making petty, unlawful policy changes that they can "get away with".

Moral of the story ... don't buy a Ford Extended Warranty or Ford Extended Service Plan (ESP).

68conv4sp - I fully agree against not purchasing an ESP or any manufacturer extended warranty service for products. As you learned, they are often a waste of money for a good portion of consumers out there.

The manufacturers create a set of guidelines with such warranty programs where they can claim a repair/part failure falls "outside the scope of coverage," so it leaves the consumer having to foot the bill/repair job.

Gotta love those "technicalities;" it makes money for the manufacturers.

FWIW - This topis is probably better suited to our "SVT Talk" section (since it's not asking for "tech" questions, per se) so I'm moving it over to TALK instead...carry on.