Big Mustang Shootout Nov 7

351wcoupe

Feb 13, 2003
Manhattan, Kansas
I'm leaving at 6AM in the morning for a Pony Car Mustang shootout. Rumor has it they will be running the shootout with the same format as True Street classes. You make three timed runs and they average them together. You get posted up from there and they are giving away a ton of prizes.

I blew a head gasket last night and worked on it all this morning to get ready again, then went to work and just got off a little bit ago and now I have more nitrous accessories to hook up. I had originally planned to spray a 135hp shot but I decided against it due to testing time. Instead I'm hooking up a purge and a bottle heater to get the most out of the trusty ole 100hp shot.

I should have some new times for the season finale and definately some cool pics/video.

If anybody is around the sumerduck dragway area tomorrow stop in and find me I'll have the green 4cyl coupe.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I did go a little faster and the car did leave a little harder. :) That pesky little head gasket had me worried all day not to mention I hadn't slept since thursday night.

The new time to beat is 7.814@88mph. I dug up the tipeslip for my 351 and that was 7.817@90. So its official the stock 2.3 is faster by .003 sec. :nonono:

I got lined up on a local guy thats scared to death of the car. He was so nervous he was shaking because he knew what his buddies would say. He broke so I got a free ride. I was playing it safe at the lights and launched at 5k on spray and it hooked relly hard.

Next round I run a friend of mine and forgot to click the nitrous on at the line 2.5 60ft and ran 8.0 and I almost caught him.

The shootout wasnt too great only 9 cars. I had my run beat and the intercooler hose blew off and the car died. I went 66 mph and he only pulled half a car.

Afterwards the track guys let me mke one more timed run and that was a 7.90@87.

7.8 at 90 in the 8th, 2 years ago I got a 91 w/ my svo in the quarter.

That's pretty funny!

Good going! Smack Amanda five and tell her we dig HER car.

Glad it didn't break, I just had a feeling this was the trip for breakage and I'm glad for ya.

Woodster: It was a nice change, all of the mustang guys came over hung out a while. No yelling, nobody wanted to fight me and was alot more relaxed. I've considered swapping another junker 2.3T to a pinto and see what it would do.

140: The trip for breakage was friday night. I usually only have a few "breaks" per week.
yeah 90mph was stupid because I was 18 and hadn't driven any down the track. I'm sure it would have gone faster than that.

I see your LX pulling on me though.

hey cro why do you want to blame on me :shrug: ? And yes cro it is my car i mean our car! :nice:
no rich you can't have my car. :)
matt gave me one hell of good high five.
140cilx thanks for digging my car and me. :banana:
i am glad i got matt because share everything :D