Big Problems after Fuel System install

STWater

Founding Member
Jan 13, 2001
Brick, NJ
I installed a fuel system in my car with the Aeromotive A1000 pump, filter, regulator, Downs Fuel Rails, and the blue socketless fuel lines. Car has been running perfect for a couple of weeks. Now all of a sudden I turn the key on and the fuel pressure jumps up to 55 when I turn the key on, then it drops straight down to 10. If I try priming it again it'll do the same thing. The car will start and idle, and the needle on the fuel pressure gauge will bounce between 45 and 60. I took the car down the road and as soon as I gave it gas, the fuel pressure shot down to 10-20 psi and the car tried stalling out on me. Im going nuts, what could be going on here? Thanks!

if the regulator hooks up to vac, try disconnecting the line and driving it. if the pressure stays alright, i would have doubts about the new regulator. (i say this since you say as soon as you give it gas [vac drops, but with light throttle, fuel demand does not skyrocket] the pressure drops off).
good luck.

I went over all of the lines and none of them are crimped. It kinda did this out of the clear blue. I have the Ground Pounder intank adapter with the -AN fittings on the ends. Any other ideas? I think i'll try the vacuum line trick tomorrow.