Big Problems after Fuel System install

STWater

Founding Member
Jan 13, 2001
Brick, NJ
I installed a fuel system in my car with the Aeromotive A1000 pump, filter, regulator, Downs Fuel Rails, and the blue socketless fuel lines. Car has been running perfect for a couple of weeks. Now all of a sudden I turn the key on and the fuel pressure jumps up to 55 when I turn the key on, then it drops straight down to 10. If I try priming it again it'll do the same thing. The car will start and idle, and the needle on the fuel pressure gauge will bounce between 45 and 60. I took the car down the road and as soon as I gave it gas, the fuel pressure shot down to 10-20 psi and the car tried stalling out on me. Im going nuts, what could be going on here? :shrug: Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

if the regulator hooks up to vac, try disconnecting the line and driving it. if the pressure stays alright, i would have doubts about the new regulator. (i say this since you say as soon as you give it gas [vac drops, but with light throttle, fuel demand does not skyrocket] the pressure drops off).
good luck.

I went over all of the lines and none of them are crimped. It kinda did this out of the clear blue. I have the Ground Pounder intank adapter with the -AN fittings on the ends. Any other ideas? I think i'll try the vacuum line trick tomorrow.