Blinkers Not Working, But Hazards Working

maxpower1716

Nov 12, 2016
I have a 1988 mustang GT. A couple of days ago my blinkers stopped working when I was driving. I checked the bulbs and they are fine, I also checked the fuse hoping it would be an easy fix but it was also fine. The window wipers still have power and work fine. I read a few posts about a wire being loose in the hazard switch, so I pulled that out and the wires were all secure.The hazards still work fine. The blower also works too. I checked the headlight switch and it seemed fine as well. I also read that the ignition switch plastic plug can become separated. Mine was separating a little but from the metal part so I bought that and replaced it, to no avail. Do you guys think it is the blinker switch itself? It has a little slack in it, so i'm not sure if that would be a sign.

• Sponsors (?)

Yup, I figured it out. Changed out the turn signal flasher relay behind the fuse box and they worked for me. Thanks for all the help guys, I have been really lucky so far with being able to fix all of my problems very cheaply and easily.

Reactions: 1 users
Yup, I figured it out. Changed out the turn signal flasher relay behind the fuse box and they worked for me. Thanks for all the help guys, I have been really lucky so far with being able to fix all of my problems very cheaply and easily.

Post up what you got and folks can start listing preventative maintenance items. List your mods and what you've repaired so far, list mileage, etc.... blah blah

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, The only mods that i'm aware I have are new headers. I have 114k miles, I have only replaced small things like my ignition switch connector and my temperature sending unit. I'm going to replace my oil sending unti because it is wonky and i'm fairly certain it is just old.

I really hope the flasher relay is my problem. I'm gonna pick up a new one tomorrow.
I'm new here.. I have a 88 convertible lx 5.0

Ok, The only mods that i'm aware I have are new headers. I have 114k miles, I have only replaced small things like my ignition switch connector and my temperature sending unit. I'm going to replace my oil sending unti because it is wonky and i'm fairly certain it is just old.

Start thinking about gaskets, seals, and vacuum lines. All the soft parts.

I'll bet your body and suspension bushings are in sad shape.