Booze Brothers Racing Mustang

So I've been on my quest for a new 2010 GT, and basically I've been running around looking at every Ford dealer in the area (and near-area) to see what's on the lots.

Yesterday seemed like a nice day to take a drive, so I did. I wound up at Keystone Ford in Chambersburg, PA; probably about 40 miles from home.

As I walked the lot, a dressed up 2009 GT caught my eye, and man, this thing was sweet. It was red and had the same "flat black motif" as say, a 1969-1970 Mach 1; the flat black hood, flat black side/rear window louvers, polished Torque-Thrust II wheels (wider than stock), a lowered suspension, cold air intake, power chip, cue-ball shifter knob, "BBR Racing" stitched into the headrests, and what also appeared to be a full exhaust. The sticker was about $41,000, and they are a numbered edition.

Apparently, BBR is a customization/hotrod shop in the area and must have some sort of contract with Keystone Ford to produce/sell these cars on the lot. The cars are all covered under Ford's factory warranty because all of the modifications are apparently out of Ford's catalog. Cool deal. :nice:

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with the performance of these machines, or familiar with Booze Brothers Racing. Their website address is BBR Performance : Street, Drag, Oval Track speed products. There is a photo of one of these modified Mustangs, but it's a really crappy quality. It does NOT do this car justice.

• Sponsors (?)

I've not heard of them, but that does not mean a whole lot.

41k is a bit steep. You could get a bone stock 09 GT and add all that stuff to it yourself for much less.

Stock 09 : 25k (dealers desparate to sell)
Cold Air Intake and Tune (chip) : 700
Full Exhaust : 1-2k
Rims : 1.5k
flat black motif : 800?
cue ball knob : 200 (including short shifter)
lowering : 200 (unless they added new shocks as well, in which case 800)
antiroll bars?

So, all in all you would be in about 30k, maybe 35 if you cant get such a good deal on the 09.

Of course, there are advantages to buying from a tuner. They may offer some warrantee, you get to have fun out of the box, and you can finance the added cost of the mods with the loan at ~5%.

My top tip, get an 09, because of the super deals. If you want the 2010 body style, wait a year, and get one with the 400hp Coyote engine that is coming out. Or... actually... a 2010 with a 4.6 would be fine if you plan is to modd the thing . There are tons of mods out for the 4.6. I am just saying, a better motor is coming....

I've not heard of them, but that does not mean a whole lot.

41k is a bit steep. You could get a bone stock 09 GT and add all that stuff to it yourself for much less.

Stock 09 : 25k (dealers desparate to sell)
Cold Air Intake and Tune (chip) : 700
Full Exhaust : 1-2k
Rims : 1.5k
flat black motif : 800?
cue ball knob : 200 (including short shifter)
lowering : 200 (unless they added new shocks as well, in which case 800)
antiroll bars?

So, all in all you would be in about 30k, maybe 35 if you cant get such a good deal on the 09.

Of course, there are advantages to buying from a tuner. They may offer some warrantee, you get to have fun out of the box, and you can finance the added cost of the mods with the loan at ~5%.

My top tip, get an 09, because of the super deals. If you want the 2010 body style, wait a year, and get one with the 400hp Coyote engine that is coming out. Or... actually... a 2010 with a 4.6 would be fine if you plan is to modd the thing . There are tons of mods out for the 4.6. I am just saying, a better motor is coming....

Here's the thing. Sure, I could wait for this 400 hp Coyote engine, but there's no guarantee that it's even coming out next year. The rumors about this Coyote mill have been circling for nearly 3-4 years, and we haven't seen anything.

Ok, I'll throw ya a bone. Let's say that the Coyote engine does make its debut next year. Every engine has teething issues within its first few years. Then, I have to ask myself if those are risks I'm willing to take. For example, GM's 1997-1999 LS1s had thin piston sleeves which were prone to cracking. There also wasn't much room to bore out the engine. They also had oil starvation issues. It wasn't until 2000 that the LS1 really came into its own as a motor that I would personally trust.

Let's look at the life of the 4.6L. Being a guy that's not real familiar with Ford in general, and even less familiar with the 4.6L, haven't there been nearly 3 or 4 different variations of the 4.6L over the course of its lifetime, all being a large improvement over the previous variations?

I have heard of Booze Brother's Racing. They actually do/did significant work on a guy Fox in my local Mustang Club. All good reviews from what I've heard.

To add on to Grey's thoughts: if they are all Ford Racing parts, you can have them installed at/before delivery and I believe they are still all covered under factory warranty. You'd still probably be able to build your own for less while keeping the warranty. You don't need to use the dealer for things like the visual mods because there really isn't a useful warranty associated with those anyways and the dealer would overcharge.

Resale Value: You'll have no benefit. It'll still be a plain old modified mustang when you go to sell it. As we all know, mods usually reduce the value of the car - if not, they really don't add to the value. It doesn't matter that is a BBR special edition. It's not a "factory" car and most people wouldn't have heard of it (or even care). BBR really doesn't have any significant national prestige, except to a very very very small audience. You buy this car for $41k today, then if you took it to a dealer to trade in tomorrow, you'd probably be offered around $20-23k, same as a stock 2009 GT. Unless this is like a 3rd or 4th car, it just doesn't make sense to me to knowingly take that much of a financial hit.

I have heard of Booze Brother's Racing. They actually do/did significant work on a guy Fox in my local Mustang Club. All good reviews from what I've heard.

To add on to Grey's thoughts: if they are all Ford Racing parts, you can have them installed at/before delivery and I believe they are still all covered under factory warranty. You'd still probably be able to build your own for less while keeping the warranty. You don't need to use the dealer for things like the visual mods because there really isn't a useful warranty associated with those anyways and the dealer would overcharge.

Resale Value: You'll have no benefit. It'll still be a plain old modified mustang when you go to sell it. As we all know, mods usually reduce the value of the car - if not, they really don't add to the value. It doesn't matter that is a BBR special edition. It's not a "factory" car and most people wouldn't have heard of it (or even care). BBR really doesn't have any significant national prestige, except to a very very very small audience. You buy this car for $41k today, then if you took it to a dealer to trade in tomorrow, you'd probably be offered around $20-23k, same as a stock 2009 GT. Unless this is like a 3rd or 4th car, it just doesn't make sense to me to knowingly take that much of a financial hit.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of these guys. I thought the cars looked really nice.

Here's the thing. Sure, I could wait for this 400 hp Coyote engine, but there's no guarantee that it's even coming out next year. The rumors about this Coyote mill have been circling for nearly 3-4 years, and we haven't seen anything.

Ok, I'll throw ya a bone. Let's say that the Coyote engine does make its debut next year. Every engine has teething issues within its first few years. Then, I have to ask myself if those are risks I'm willing to take. For example, GM's 1997-1999 LS1s had thin piston sleeves which were prone to cracking. There also wasn't much room to bore out the engine. They also had oil starvation issues. It wasn't until 2000 that the LS1 really came into its own as a motor that I would personally trust.

Let's look at the life of the 4.6L. Being a guy that's not real familiar with Ford in general, and even less familiar with the 4.6L, haven't there been nearly 3 or 4 different variations of the 4.6L over the course of its lifetime, all being a large improvement over the previous variations?

yup, all very good points. I'm sold! Go get a 2010! (or an 09, I actually prefer the styling of the 09... on the outside)

yup, all very good points. I'm sold! Go get a 2010! (or an 09, I actually prefer the styling of the 09... on the outside)

I don't know whether I prefer the 2005-2009 on the outside or the 2010. They're both very nice looking machines, and I'd be happy with the look of either, but there's just something about the 2010's front end that I really love. It just looks so...muscular. As for the rear, I'm not a huge fan of the 2010's rear taillights. I like those of the 2005-2009 model more.

What I do like much more is the 2010's interior. It is light years ahead of that in the 2005-2009 models. I remember hitting an auto show right around the time that the 2005s were released, and I loved the car; until I sat in it. I was totally put off by the cheap feel of the interior, especially that of the door panels. I felt like my knee was going to go through the speaker.

Booze Brothers is a VERY reputable shop, but would I pay $41K for their GT...NO WAY!!!!! I'm in the same club that stangdude is referring to. BBR is currently working on the co-founder's Fox and is going quite nicely:nice: Charlie Booze, Jr has brought his Fox drag car out to several of our club's drag day events... a mid to low 8 sec car:eek:
2708690387_08ba321238_b.jpg

2708705741_f9914473e8_b.jpg

i see that red BBR car all the time, its been setting since last fall there. They also have a blue one on the show room floor. I live in chambersburg and agree with what everyone else said. I got a new 08' that was leftover this year from keystone ford and with the money i saved started to modify my car. If you want a "rare" car get the BBR, but resale will be just like a regular GT. Heres some pics of the white one that sold earlier this year.

6884230157_large.jpg

6884230158_large.jpg

6884230159_large.jpg

That's a nice looking Stang, but IMO, I have more pride in knowing that I've planned all the mods for my car and done most of the work myself (minus gears, GT500 conversion, hood and paint). I guess if you're a regular customer of theirs, it would be neat to own one of theirs, but if not, it would be like any other Ford dealer's rendition :shrug:

That's a nice looking Stang, but IMO, I have more pride in knowing that I've planned all the mods for my car and done most of the work myself (minus gears, GT500 conversion, hood and paint). I guess if you're a regular customer of theirs, it would be neat to own one of theirs, but if not, it would be like any other Ford dealer's rendition :shrug:

I love that old-school look they achieved with that car, but it's doubtful I'd pay the $40k+ for it. I might pay $33k for one, but no more than that.

Your car looks better than those cars. :nice:

they are great to deal with. I tried to buy a car at hagerstown ford but those guys are too high and mighty to talk to me. they just constantly talk down to you. Ed lapinski is the salesman i got my car from and he is GREAT, will do what ever it takes. that whole dealership has about the best people i've ever dealt with. if you stop back in tell him Dr. Z sent you in and that he should give you a good deal, lol. hell if i'm off on a day your coming up i'll take you over myself, the guys are cool. I must say that i drooled over that torch red BBR for some time before i made up my mind. It sounds really good with the race bassani's and catted X.

they are great to deal with. I tried to buy a car at hagerstown ford but those guys are too high and mighty to talk to me. they just constantly talk down to you. Ed lapinski is the salesman i got my car from and he is GREAT, will do what ever it takes. that whole dealership has about the best people i've ever dealt with. if you stop back in tell him Dr. Z sent you in and that he should give you a good deal, lol. hell if i'm off on a day your coming up i'll take you over myself, the guys are cool. I must say that i drooled over that torch red BBR for some time before i made up my mind. It sounds really good with the race bassani's and catted X.

I spoke with Ed Lapinski! He was very helpful, and when I asked him questions about things he wasn't familiar with (i.e. Track Pack), he went and found out about it. I had some odd requests for a car and he was very patient, and professional. I felt like I was being "difficult" with some requests, such as the request to sit in a Mustang with just the cloth seats so I could make sure they were comfortable enough for me, and he hunted down a set of keys to a car with cloth seats. He never expressed any frustration towards me, or anything, but most of all, he didn't treat me like I was some idiot; something I've run into before.

Instead of trying to sell me something I didn't want, he advised me that I could get exactly what I wanted by ordering, and he could "make it happen." I wanted a rare combination of things, such as the Track Pack on a GT Deluxe, when it's only available on the Premium.

I have some other money matters to take care of before purchasing, but I will certainly be visiting Ed Lapinski again when I'm ready to order. I just hope that he is still working there when it comes time to order my new Mustang.

GL, Top Speed in your Stang purchase:nice:

Thanks, bud! The sooner I get into a Stang, the happier I'll be. I love my Camaro and all, but I'm tired of going to shows and showing cellphone pictures to people; "Hey, this is my Camaro, but it doesn't run." :notnice: :( It's real simple; I get myself a supercharged Stang with 435 hp under warranty, it looks good, the a/c works, it's reliable, and I have one Hell of a sweet ride that I can show off. While my STi is a nice car, it's just not the "cruise-in type" of vehicle. I prefer to park my ride elsewhere than with riced-out Dodge Jellybeans and Honda Civics.

it seems like everyone in this thread is from about the same area, we should have a get together:nice:. I was at mason dixon dragway today, first time there. Pretty nice place.

kooldawg, i'd like to see yours with the gt500 conversion done.