Bought Me a Truck!

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yep ... traded the lowered Splash in today for a white, standard cab, '99 F-250 Super Duty. 7.3L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel. 4x4. Polished aluminum wheels.

I love it. I'm starting to think this thing is faster than my car! (j/k) Just thought I'd share because I'm stoked. Been looking for one for a while now.

As you all may know ... I need a new digital camera (I lost mine :bang:). So when I get one, I'll get up some pics.

• Sponsors (?)

watch those powerstrokes, Ford's been having a hell of a time with them....

actually, I stand corrected, it wasn't until they built the 6 litre powerstroke that they've been having problems

otherwise, those trucks are massive and i'd love to have one of my own

Yeah ... they seem to be having some issues with the 6.0L. I'd still rather have one. They respond EXTREMELY well to mods.

The only common problem the 7.3L has is the CPS (camshaft position sensor) going bad. I have one on order & will stow it in my glove compartment .... just in case. I think I will up the boost a little ... have a custom chip burned and see what that does. It already screams, lol.

BTW, there is a guy on superdutyforums.com that has his Power Stroke in the mid 11's (1/4 mile). :eek:

11.4 @ 118 was the last i heard for this truck:hail2:

this has been my desktop background for about a year now:drool:

sick.jpg

Attachments

• sick.jpg
    sick.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 88
Oh no...bye bye cute little Ranger...if I had had the room for it, I woulda bought it...I've always loved the Splash trucks, and the purple was pretty.

Congrats on the new truck though; you will love it! I doubt the bf will ever sell the old 97 he's got on 38" tires. They run well, and are torque monsters. We added a 100+ hp chip to ours, and now it's even better.

my dad has an 03 f250 7.3l, 4 door (whatever they call them). I know my car is slow, but he thinks his truck could take it, and I was like yea right. It will pull pretty hard though.

Anyways, his is an automatic and has had a few problems. Once, I think the turbo messed up in it. It sounded like a two stroke bike or something, and it was smoking white. Another time one of the tires blew out, I researched and they recalled the same tires for the excursion (steeltex i think).

When he first got it it would do 16-17mpg city, and once hit 20 on hwy. Its been dropping ever since though, 14-15 city, and 18 hwy. The tires could use some air though.

I saw a video a while back of a 4x4 superduty running the 11s i think