Bought Me a Truck!

Yep ..... the feeling can be decieving. However mine is pretty decently quick for a diesel truck. It's just a standard cab, short bed, and has the 6 speed manual transmission. So it's lighter than most of these trucks I guess.

• Sponsors (?)

Snapped a couple of quick pics. Yep, it's dirty.

p005.jpg

p007.jpg

Also, I don't think I've shown my new license plate ... or dash pod .... :D

p016.jpg

p013.jpg

p021.jpg

Attachments

• p005.jpg
    p005.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 52
  • p007.jpg
    p007.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 52
  • p016.jpg
    p016.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 49
  • p013.jpg
    p013.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 54
  • p021.jpg
    p021.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 62
MysteryMachine said:
Watch out for that piston hitting the windshield or your head

Haha, it doesn't. It's ALOT smaller than the pic makes it look (about the diameter of a quarter). It's my lucky piston from a weed eater that I demolished, lol. It's spent time in several cars. Geo Prizm, '93-'96-'00 Ranger, Mazda RX-7, '95 GT, and '94 GT. It will probably be in this one forever.

Ironically, that piston would fit the bore of a Prism engine too (that would have been funnier if you had said Metro).

The truck looks great. I dig the clock pod also. Good stuff. :nice:

Thanks guys. I'm loving the truck. Changed all the fluids today. 16 quarts of oil and 30 quarts of coolant mix. Rather expensive. At least I only have to change the oil every 5K.

Jinx, I know bigger tires would look better .... but I don't know if I can get bigger one's. These rims are like 16" x 8". A narrow tire and a huge sidewall would look weird. I'm gonna do some searching & see what looks good.

Oh, & JT, I miss the Prizm. That little Toyota got like 30 mpg.

Sheesh, that thing was thirsty. :eek:

I can see why some of the guys that run synthetic oil do the UOA's and get away with (reportedly) 20K mile OCI's.

It's gotta be a hoot to drive!