• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

Bought my firt GT!!! Now what??!

  • Thread starter Thread starter WileyCoyote25
  • Start date Start date Jun 4, 2019
W

WileyCoyote25

New Member
May 14, 2019
2
0
1
Fort irwin
Jun 4, 2019
#1
  • Jun 4, 2019
  • #1
So I just bought my third car, but it's my first GT and I want to use it as a daily driver. What type of build should I do supercharged, or turbocharged? What should I buy to mod it to get it ready for the kits??
 

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
6,946
5,818
213
Jun 4, 2019
#2
  • Jun 4, 2019
  • #2
Supercharge it. Less headache....easier....reliable.
 
Reactions: WileyCoyote25 and 17P51GT
W

WileyCoyote25

New Member
May 14, 2019
2
0
1
Fort irwin
Jun 4, 2019
#3
  • Jun 4, 2019
  • #3
So can I just buy I supercharger kit and install it or should I do other mods first to get my car ready to handle it?
 

I Bleed Ford Blue

5 Year Member
Feb 13, 2017
416
122
73
North Olmsted OH
Jun 4, 2019
#4
  • Jun 4, 2019
  • #4
If you plan on a supercharger, upgrade the oil pump to billet pump gears and a billet lower timing chain sprocket, cheap insurance.
 
Reactions: WileyCoyote25 and 90sickfox

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
6,946
5,818
213
Jun 4, 2019
#5
  • Jun 4, 2019
  • #5
A friend of mine installed a sc on his 16 gt. His car makes around 700hp and feels amazing. He drives it daily. Had the supercharger installed in a weekend.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
Engine Removal of Steeda Underdrive pulley
  • THughes
  • Jun 30, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
1
Views
132
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Jul 4, 2026
Dino Dino Bambino
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
181
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
M
  • Poll Poll
Stroking a Mexico 289 or newer roller 302
  • MaryJaneTheMustang
  • Aug 12, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
108
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Aug 12, 2026
Bullitt347
B
97 GT with 03 explorer Eddie Bauer edition 4.6l
  • basbill73
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
107
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 11, 2026
squeak93
S
Hi. I'm new. 98 Cobra Bent Axle.
  • sbk93036
  • Mar 28, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
132
The Welcome Wagon Saturday at 6:54 AM
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?