Brake Pads 2014 Gt 75% Street, 24% Rally/track Day Use

Artee

Aug 6, 2015
Portland, Oregon
IMG_2147.JPG
Went out on my first open track day at Portland International Raceway. Great course, good speed on front and back straights, but lots of tight curves and tight chicanes at end of front straight (120 mph down to 40 mph). By end of day the stock pads (not brembos) had tongues hanging out and were glazed, now squeak like hell and braking effectiveness is down a lot. Would like to replace with one level up pads that won't bonk on the occasional track day, but don't want race pads that squeak and dust up the rest of the time, etc. Looking at Hawk Street/Strip. what are your thoughts, experiences. Stock pads have been fabulous even on abusive weekend hellraising in the back country (eastern Oregon is a sports car drivers dream), but they could not stand up to repeated laps on a warm track day. Realistically won't do that more than once or twice a year (though civil disobedience on country roads will occur more often). Half a mind to just replace with stock and go easier on the occasional track days, but figure I'd see what you guys think. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_2147.JPG
Went out on my first open track day at Portland International Raceway. Great course, good speed on front and back straights, but lots of tight curves and tight chicanes at end of front straight (120 mph down to 40 mph). By end of day the stock pads (not brembos) had tongues hanging out and were glazed, now squeak like hell and braking effectiveness is down a lot. Would like to replace with one level up pads that won't bonk on the occasional track day, but don't want race pads that squeak and dust up the rest of the time, etc. Looking at Hawk Street/Strip. what are your thoughts, experiences. Stock pads have been fabulous even on abusive weekend hellraising in the back country (eastern Oregon is a sports car drivers dream), but they could not stand up to repeated laps on a warm track day. Realistically won't do that more than once or twice a year (though civil disobedience on country roads will occur more often). Half a mind to just replace with stock and go easier on the occasional track days, but figure I'd see what you guys think. Thanks
Tore 'em apart this weekend. 80% pad left, so just honed the rotors and sanded the pads, back to normal. Next track day will just have to eat more quiche and lower the front straight speeds.