Bringing Her Back To Life

Nov 15, 2013
Hey All,

Ive been a member on this page for a long time. Bought try second Fox 2 years ago. A Little back story....

I bought a 92 Fox GT as a hobby car. It came with a 306 with an explorer Intake, TB and heads. I believe it was also has an E cam (Not positive). It also came with a powerdyne supercharger. It was lowered and had an upgraded clutch and Pro 5.0 Shifter. I feel it is a pretty good base to start with, but needed some work. The E-brake cable is inoperable, so no matter how hard I pull on it, the car will still roll (bought the parks to fix it)... and under boost the car will smoke. It looks like oil. When the car is parked you can see small drops of oil coming from the bell housing area. I haven't pulled anything apart, but Im thinking it may be the rear intake gasket. I remember hearing those can be problematic. Like i said, I haven't torn anything apart, so at this point its just a guess.

5 Months Later...

I was in the market for a new truck. Drove a POS Dodge Dakota. I drove past a used car dealership and came across a 2004 Ford Lightning. I ended up picking that up. So now I have two hobby vehicles. The Lightning is my daily. Since then, i have added full off-road exhaust, 6 pound lower pulley, C+L Plenum, Single blade TB, upgraded MAF, upgraded fuel rails and FPR, ported blower, intercooler, and coolant reservoir... Needless to say my Daily has become my money pit and the Mustang has since been sitting.

Ive been back and forth with selling the Fox as is, or keep it as a true project. I have decided I want to keep it. I plan on doing a full interior restoration, maybe replace the powerdyne with a turbo kit. Upgrading suspension, brakes, and fixing things as I find them. I won't be able to wrench on the Lightning without reaching max block potential so I need something else to play with. I haven't started the Fox in almost two years so its a little bit daunting of a project, but a little at a time right? :)

With that said, all inputs are welcome.... and glad I'm back on here!

Attachments

• A5882620-9402-4658-B152-5277B9A3B8E1.jpg
    A5882620-9402-4658-B152-5277B9A3B8E1.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 84
  • UU0wGRvWSRynR5Fg7Ri5VA.jpg
    UU0wGRvWSRynR5Fg7Ri5VA.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 120
  • osAqRS0mToisV8nt4QmLCw.jpg
    osAqRS0mToisV8nt4QmLCw.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user