Broke ashtray problem???

93stangTN

May 12, 2005
i got the broke ashtray lid in my stang now, should i get a new spring for it, or get the cupholder that goes in the ashtrays place???? does anyone have the cupholders that go there, any pics??

• Sponsors (?)

I've got the cupholder in mine even though my lid isn't busted. I just use it when I go thru a drivethru or sumthin and have to take a drink home. Is your car an auto or 5-speed? Mine's a 5-speed and I get kinda annoyed with it being in the way sometimes.

My ashtray lid broke to where I have to replace the center console to get it back to stock. Therefore, I bought the plug-n-chug cup holder, which can hold two drinks.

I have the 1992 GT 5 speed and needed a cup holder anyway, so I love it.

There is an issue with the stock shifter hitting the drink that you place in the upmost position near the shifter. You have to be careful with that, which is somewhat annoying. I plan to get a different shifter (not for this reason) and hope to work around the cup holder.

I typically place my drink in the second holder and keep my radio remote in the first position, and with that set-up I have absolutely no problems.

Get the plug-n-chug, you'll like it if you have a drink in your car now and then.

Bret