• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Electrical Brown Connector #31

  • Thread starter Thread starter ta66
  • Start date Start date Jul 26, 2026
T

ta66

Member
Jan 30, 2024
4
7
13
NY
Jul 26, 2026
#1
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • #1
Hi all,

I have a 66 coupe with a 93 5.0 (automatic transmission) and I’m wrapping up an AAW classic update wiring kit installation. When I was removing the wires, I disconnected the dash-side wires for brown connector #31 (the 8-pin connector) and in my infinite wisdom forgot to take a picture. I would appreciate an extra pair of eyes to make sure I wire it correctly. The combined effect of all the dash-side wires being black, certain wires not following the pinouts and a fuzzy memory is throwing me for a loop.

I was able to find the picture below which has helped me so far. The dash-side wires don’t αll exactly follow the diagram and are all black. Some have been labelled with numbers by the previous owner. Going clockwise from top left:

-Tachometer (#11) — Don’t have a tach, I remember it was unattached so I will leave it that way.
-Engine Temp Gauge (#39) — Plan to connect to corresponding AAW engine temp dash connection.
- SIG RTN for Pin 30 & NDS Pins — Both have been replaced by two wires that splice together and run to the battery side of the starter relay. Seems like previous owner was using it as power for something under the dash? I also thought the NDS was the same as the NSS but there’s a separate connector for that?
- 12V Start for TFI and GND for Pin 30 (#32) — Spliced together on the dash side and hooked up to the ignition switch. Was a little confused why the ground was not hooked up to ground.
- PWR to ECC Relay — was hooked up to the ignition switch, so I’ll redo that
- Oil PSI Gauge — Will be connected to corresponding AAW wire

If there’s anything glaringly wrong about this plan please let me know. Apologies if this is something that’s common knowledge or been covered in depth already.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6872.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 33

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,144
4,233
183
Claremore, OK
Jul 27, 2026
#2
  • Jul 27, 2026
  • #2
Complete OEM wiring diagrams for the 93 here:

Resource icon

1993 Mustang Complete Electrical Wiring Diagrams

Dec 22, 2025
OEM Wiring Diagrams
  • AeroCoupe
  • Mustang Reference Material
 
T

ta66

Member
Jan 30, 2024
4
7
13
NY
Jul 30, 2026
#3
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • #3
AeroCoupe said:
Complete OEM wiring diagrams for the 93 here:

Resource icon

1993 Mustang Complete Electrical Wiring Diagrams

Dec 22, 2025
OEM Wiring Diagrams
  • AeroCoupe
  • Mustang Reference Material
Click to expand...
Much appreciated.
 
Reactions: AeroCoupe
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Electrical Under dash wiring
  • ChicagoMustang
  • Apr 17, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
182
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 17, 2026
AeroCoupe
F
Electrical From scratch: alternator wiring
  • fox racer v2
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
639
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 23, 2025
fox racer v2
F
Resolved Wiring electric fan
  • cbac89
  • Aug 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
167
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
cbac89
Electrical Going crazy trying to identify burnt and disconnected wires 83 GLX5.0
  • x_man586
  • Jun 25, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
484
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 26, 2025
AeroCoupe
2
Resolved Electrical mayhem
  • 2000ElectricGreen
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
381
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 4, 2026
2000ElectricGreen
2
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?