• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

Buying 98 GT tomorrow possibly

  • Thread starter Thread starter SWFLGT
  • Start date Start date Mar 2, 2013
S

SWFLGT

New Member
Mar 2, 2013
2
0
1
Mar 2, 2013
#1
  • Mar 2, 2013
  • #1
Hello all. I am new to the board and relatively new to Mustang as well. When I was 17 I had an 85 vert for a while. Now am 31 and looking to buy. I found a great potential 1998 GT and I am going to scope it tomorrow. What should I look for specifically with this car. I am fairly tech savvy but no mechanic. I am bringing a friend with me who is though.
 

gearheadboy

15 Year Member
Jan 15, 2003
1,425
177
84
Greencastle Pa
Mar 2, 2013
#2
  • Mar 2, 2013
  • #2
Welcome. I always look to see what has been messed with. What aftermarket parts are installed. And overall condition. Look for smoke from the pipes, oil leaking, and how well does it shift (auto or manual) and any strange drivetrain noises.
 
S

SWFLGT

New Member
Mar 2, 2013
2
0
1
Mar 2, 2013
#3
  • Mar 2, 2013
  • #3
Only mods to the car are exhaust, wheels and cobra hood. Everything else is bone stock.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

I
2000 GT Mustang - Transmission Cooler to Radiator o-rings
  • Iwarrior
  • Oct 4, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
187
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 4, 2025
Iwarrior
I
S
Car shakes when taking off help???
  • STANKYstangs
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
434
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
LILCBRA
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
351
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
9
WTB: Procharger or Vortech Supercharger – 1996–1998 Mustang GT 4.6 2V – Budget $3,200
  • 96mustang.gt
  • Nov 20, 2025
  • Want to Buy
Replies
1
Views
466
Want to Buy May 3, 2026
roblabsn95
R
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
446
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?