• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Buying front struts...Any ideas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 97StallionGT
  • Start date Start date Aug 8, 2005

97StallionGT

Member
Apr 6, 2005
113
0
16
Easley, SC
Aug 8, 2005
#1
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #1
I am wanting to buy some new front struts for my 97 gt. Any recommendations? I heard about some struts from ford racing w/ the camber on the strut but I can't seem to find them. I don't want to spend a BOATLOAD on them but I will spend the money on a quality product. If you can recommend a good site or brand please do. Thanks
 
K

Kilgore Trout

Fried or Broiled ?
10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
4,749
95
134
Aug 8, 2005
#2
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #2
Do you want adjustable or not? Do you road race? Do you want to sacrifice ride quality for handling?
 

97StallionGT

Member
Apr 6, 2005
113
0
16
Easley, SC
Aug 8, 2005
#3
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #3
I really don't know much about them, adjustable or not. The ride quality in my car w/ the *****ty struts is TERRIBLE now so I don't think it could get any worse. I would like my car to handle better though b/c I'd like to get into the Autocross at school.

Cliff Notes: 1. Adjustable or Not? = What's the difference, other than one's adjustable
2. Sacrifice ride for handling = Yes
3. Road Race? = I'd like to get into that
 

97GTSTANG

Founding Member
May 25, 2000
852
0
17
Virginia
Aug 8, 2005
#4
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #4
I just got a set of Tokico's shocks/struts non adjustables, and the ride quality is a lot smoother, also got new lower and upper control arms. trust me, its the best money spent on basic suspention mods.
 

97StallionGT

Member
Apr 6, 2005
113
0
16
Easley, SC
Aug 8, 2005
#5
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #5
97GTSTANG said:
I just got a set of Tokico's shocks/struts non adjustables, and the ride quality is a lot smoother, also got new lower and upper control arms. trust me, its the best money spent on basic suspention mods.
Click to expand...

So you got shocks for the rear and struts for the front?
 
R

Rocketman

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
730
0
0
SoCal
Aug 8, 2005
#6
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #6
97GTSTANG said:
I just got a set of Tokico's shocks/struts non adjustables, and the ride quality is a lot smoother, also got new lower and upper control arms. trust me, its the best money spent on basic suspention mods.
Click to expand...

Tokico Blues here (non-adjustable) well worth the price. I wouldn't go with any other strut.
 

97StallionGT

Member
Apr 6, 2005
113
0
16
Easley, SC
Aug 8, 2005
#7
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #7
Where did ya'll order them from??
 

Ernad

celibate sans pants
Apr 2, 2004
0
1
0
Grand Rapids, MI
Aug 8, 2005
#8
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #8
Well, if you're gonna spend money on them, just get the best...Bilsteins
 

97GTSTANG

Founding Member
May 25, 2000
852
0
17
Virginia
Aug 8, 2005
#9
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #9
Yes, Tokico shocks/struts package, u can get them here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKI...ewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQitemZ7990890643QQrdZ1
 
G

green_fow_six

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2002
310
0
16
Martinez, CA
Aug 8, 2005
#10
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #10
I would recomend the bilsteins but they would be around $200 more than the Tokico's.

I looked at www.eshocks.com also, www.xshocks.com has the tokico's also, just ordered some for my bmw e36 there.
 

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,469
19
68
Nevada
Aug 8, 2005
#11
  • Aug 8, 2005
  • #11
Bilsteins are nice but very pricey. I think I paid about $175 per strut and $80 per shock.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Strut Tower Help!
  • 93Nifty
  • Jan 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
28
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 28, 2026
General karthief
MRT hood struts shocks need replacement - where to get?
  • TTSaleen
  • Feb 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
295
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 10, 2026
Mustang5L5
Fox Suspensión Noise
  • PonyGTrider
  • Nov 24, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
461
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 8, 2026
PonyGTrider
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
340
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
347
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?