• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

C&L Intake - Does it change sound?

  • Thread starter Thread starter turrizt
  • Start date Start date Sep 9, 2005

turrizt

New Member
Oct 18, 2004
70
0
0
Sep 9, 2005
#1
  • Sep 9, 2005
  • #1
I should get my C&L Intake very soon via UPS and I'm just
really curious as to what I should expect as far as any change
in engine/exhaust sound with this new intake on my GT?

I keep swapping parts. first it was the magnapacks replacing
the JBA axle backs (I wanted more sound) now the intake...
I still need to sell my JBA exhaust. :damnit: any takers?

Thanks
Will
 

bleedingvayneAD

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
339
0
0
At my computer, duh
Sep 9, 2005
#2
  • Sep 9, 2005
  • #2
Well, I have the JLT, and even though they are 2 different products, I can't imagine that they would produce a different sound. However, despite everyone else saying that they can definitely hear their intakes whooshing air into the engine, I didn't hear any increase of noise whatsoever. It could be because of my SLPs, or because I'm just not listening hard enugh, or probably because it's just not loud enough for me to take notice. Have fun with it because you will really be bale to tell the difference while driving!!
 

turrizt

New Member
Oct 18, 2004
70
0
0
Sep 9, 2005
#3
  • Sep 9, 2005
  • #3
I can't wait... I just went to the track today and the best I could get was a 14.1 :-(

I'm stock except for my 19" rims and magnapacks.
 

REDFIRE 05 GT

New Member
Nov 18, 2004
283
0
0
Junction City KS
Sep 9, 2005
#4
  • Sep 9, 2005
  • #4
The C&L sounds like a big old 4 barrel
 
0

00WhiteStangGT

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
3
0
0
Sep 9, 2005
#5
  • Sep 9, 2005
  • #5
Yes it certainly does....

it did to mine, way deeper sound.

-r
 

turrizt

New Member
Oct 18, 2004
70
0
0
Sep 10, 2005
#6
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #6
REDFIRE 05 GT said:
The C&L sounds like a big old 4 barrel
Click to expand...
i like!
 
H

hurdlinmasta

New Member
Dec 25, 2004
85
0
0
Sep 10, 2005
#7
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #7
I cant tell the difference in my C&L because if i have the window down, all i hear is my SLPs
 

Blk05Retro

Member
Mar 31, 2005
99
0
6
Katy, TX
Sep 10, 2005
#8
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #8
I have the JLT and there is a deeper throater sound like the 4 barrels, like Redfire 05 said. I might be hearing things, but I think it changes the exhaust note too. I know this is not possible, but it sound different.
 
K

ks44142

Member
Oct 26, 2004
36
0
6
wichita,ks
Sep 10, 2005
#9
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #9
I just put on the AFE magnum force CAI and it has changed my exhaust note to a deeper sound even with the stock exhaust
 

jlisle01

New Member
Dec 29, 2004
250
1
0
McAlester,OK
Sep 10, 2005
#10
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #10
hurdlinmasta said:
I cant tell the difference in my C&L because if i have the window down, all i hear is my SLPs
Click to expand...

Like that's a bad thing?
 
T

thump_rrr

New Member
Nov 25, 2004
220
0
0
Montreal, Canada
Sep 11, 2005
#11
  • Sep 11, 2005
  • #11
Sounds way meaner between 3,000 - 6,000 rpm


Do It, Do,It
 

91mini

Member
Dec 6, 2004
115
0
16
Sep 11, 2005
#12
  • Sep 11, 2005
  • #12
PM me about your JBA exhaust.

How much you want for it and how long did you have it installed?

Do you just have the axelback?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
First Car, what should I do for power??
  • tunedV6
  • Apr 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
375
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 4, 2026
580HP*428Cj
5
J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
193
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
F
For Sale 03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
  • FastFox5oh
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
0
Views
220
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Jul 14, 2026
FastFox5oh
F
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
88
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
14
Views
386
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Saturday at 7:48 PM
AlexM556
A
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?