Came across this whilst clearing off a video tape - Dyno Vid

• Sponsors (?)

Thats def not a centrifigul blower. It didn't seem to pull that hard up in the rpms, but then again it is 4th gear.

It's also 2:73s. In reality, it pulls HARD all the way to the top. Peak torque is made at approx 5000, maintained through 57/5800 and drops slightly (10 - 15 RWTQ) till you let off the gas. We were running it just shy of 6500 RPM. That's a bit past the ideal range for the custom cam I'm running.

Watch the video again and notice the bumper drop when the gas is let off. Keep in mind that the car is tied down at all 4 corners. :D

This is the first REAL dyno tuning session I did after getting my RNH (thanks Rick 91GT) Performance Dart combo in.

The Kenne Bell was pushing 6 psi. at this taping.

It's a 4th gear pull with the stock 2:73s. Power was 425/530 to the wheels.

CRANK UP THE VOLUME FOLKS!

Anderson 1 3/4 in ceramic shorties
Bassani X with cats
Bassani Quiet Thunder Cat-Back

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dyno0001od5.flv

Hey how do you like those headers? I'm going to be running those on my 347 due to ground clearance.

Hey how do you like those headers? I'm going to be running those on my 347 due to ground clearance.

The headers are nice. They're jet/ceramic coated and the only set of 1 3/4 that I could find.

They're actually manufactured for Anderson by Bassani.

They're a bit pricey though... <$500

My only complaints are that I've got one or two spots where the coating has chipped off and the bolts that they sent with the headers were too long. They bottomed out in my AFR heads.

We replaced the bolts with a set of ARP 12 point, round heads. One of these days, I'll swap those out with some slightly longer ones as I think that the ones that are in there now are about a 1/4 in too short for my taste.

Round head, 12 points are a MUST due to clearance issues. I still had to modify a box end wrench (grind it down) to get between the bolt head and the exhaust tube on a couple of ports.

I'd imagine that you could use an internal wrenching bolt of some sort (read: Allen head round bolt) but they're a bitch to get to if you don't have a lot of room in the engine bay.

I went with the 12 point because A) they were on hand and B) I still run air-conditioning and smog equipment.

I'd say that unless you NEED 1 3/4 and know it, to go with a set of 1 5/8 for that little bit of extra bolt to tube clearance.

nice bro:nice:

Im surprised the KB didnt whine more though

Pretty low boost in this vid and no intercooler. The whining that's so popular with the KB Cobras is mostly the result of the intercooler. KBs themselves are pretty damned quiet.

I hear it a little more now but not a LOT more.

I've always said (particularly to ricers), that if you hear my blower then your ass-whoopin is already over. :D

The headers are nice. They're jet/ceramic coated and the only set of 1 3/4 that I could find.

They're actually manufactured for Anderson by Bassani.

They're a bit pricey though... <$500

My only complaints are that I've got one or two spots where the coating has chipped off and the bolts that they sent with the headers were too long. They bottomed out in my AFR heads.

We replaced the bolts with a set of ARP 12 point, round heads. One of these days, I'll swap those out with some slightly longer ones as I think that the ones that are in there now are about a 1/4 in too short for my taste.

Round head, 12 points are a MUST due to clearance issues. I still had to modify a box end wrench (grind it down) to get between the bolt head and the exhaust tube on a couple of ports.

I'd imagine that you could use an internal wrenching bolt of some sort (read: Allen head round bolt) but they're a bitch to get to if you don't have a lot of room in the engine bay.

I went with the 12 point because A) they were on hand and B) I still run air-conditioning and smog equipment.

I'd say that unless you NEED 1 3/4 and know it, to go with a set of 1 5/8 for that little bit of extra bolt to tube clearance.

Well the reason i'm going with them is because Rick suggested they would be my best option. Right now i have BBK shorties 1 5/8 ceramics. And i have a somewhat steep driveway and i put it on the hoist in my shop(Tires, oil, etc..) So i'm worried that if i spend $900.00 on Bassani 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 with 3 inch collectors i won't be able to get out of my driveway and then have to pull it all off and sell it for a loss. The engine is a 347 Ysi with 22-25lbs of boost....i def need atleast 1 3/4 ha. :rolleyes: Rick guessed i'd only lose maybe 20hp at best. So i'll make that sacrifice :D Cause i mean on a street car i'd never no the difference of 20hp special when were talking over 700rwhp. :rolleyes: The plan is to run those AFM 1 3/4 shorties with the Flowmaster Delta 3 inch system. Its perfect cause its got everything from the headers back and its made for shorties!

Sounds badass...

If you can find someone to work over the collector a bit (without ruining it), I doubt that you'd loose as much as 20 HP.

In other words, the additonal work in that area would reduce the loss you expect from running shorties.

Bare in mind though, header studs are pretty much out of the question (I only mention that because of the HP level you're shooting for).

Sounds badass...

If you can find someone to work over the collector a bit (without ruining it), I doubt that you'd loose as much as 20 HP.

In other words, the additonal work in that area would reduce the loss you expect from running shorties.

Bare in mind though, header studs are pretty much out of the question (I only mention that because of the HP level you're shooting for).

Yeah i kinda built my engine around Rick Anderson's 347 Coupe build. I'm buying all the parts from him and he kinda designed the setup so he took all that into consideration. I'll run the collector work by Rick and see what he says. Thanks for the help man.

Dart Block
327 CI
Heads: AFR 185
Cam: FTI Custom
Intake: 2.2L Kenne Bell @ roughly 6 psi at time of dyno

More tweaking and modding to come. Target: 500/600 without having to resort to either nitrous or water/meth.

Wow so how fun is 425hp and 530ft/lb with a 5 speed and 2.73s? I've honestly thought many many times that if i ever do build a really nasty engine that i'd gear down so much that i could cruise the highways as fast as i needed to go, and then do 500yd burnouts :lol: