Can I use a sped density ecu with a9l setup?Any pins I could remove to make it idel good?

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
San Antonio,Texas
I had a cel and my car was running 19 20 on afr with my a9l ecu so I borrowed my freinds speed density ecu,cel light went away afr 13 to 16 fluctating not ruuning lean like with the other ecu but Its kind hard to adjust.I disconnected maf and checked tps.I had it at .98 before i changed ecu,now it went down to .05!I got voltmeter out set tps again at .98, turned car off,turned back on tps changed again to .05 so my engine is erratic.So wondering are there any pins I should remove so it could run better?I bought microsquirt but I cant get a hold of this brian guy till monday but In the mean time id like to run this ecu.O I have a 89 5 speed.Also I have tried severl times to pull codes from the a9l but everytime with BOTH ecus when Im pulling codes with innova it will pull 98 and a 63 I belive BUT WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE THE CAR DIES TURNS OFF!Not sure whats causing this but Id really like to know that as well so I could pull all my codes from car.When Im pulling those codes I know the cars going to shut off but I dont attempt to push the gas i just let the car does what it does it shuts off.Any help Id apprecite it.

• Sponsors (?)

I would stop and disconnect it until one of the electrical geniuses comes in here and tells you how many ways it's going to melt.... :D
Seriously....eec-iv's are hard to come by these days. I'd hate you to fry it.

Reactions: 1 user
I would stop and disconnect it until one of the electrical geniuses comes in here and tells you how many ways it's going to melt.... :D
Seriously....eec-iv's are hard to come by these days. I'd hate you to fry it.

Actually I Just wapped it back to the a9l with the cel low afr.I checked my tps voltage with my orignal ecu and it was again .5,I set It back Ill check it in a bit to see if it went back to .5.Im guessing if thats the case I mightve messed up tps sensor I thinnk ?Hold the .98 good when I set but dissapers then.

I had a cel and my car was running 19 20 on afr with my a9l ecu so I borrowed my freinds speed density ecu,cel light went away afr 13 to 16 fluctating not ruuning lean like with the other ecu but Its kind hard to adjust.I disconnected maf and checked tps.I had it at .98 before i changed ecu,now it went down to .05!I got voltmeter out set tps again at .98, turned car off,turned back on tps changed again to .05 so my engine is erratic.So wondering are there any pins I should remove so it could run better?I bought microsquirt but I cant get a hold of this brian guy till monday but In the mean time id like to run this ecu.O I have a 89 5 speed.Also I have tried severl times to pull codes from the a9l but everytime with BOTH ecus when Im pulling codes with innova it will pull 98 and a 63 I belive BUT WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE THE CAR DIES TURNS OFF!Not sure whats causing this but Id really like to know that as well so I could pull all my codes from car.When Im pulling those codes I know the cars going to shut off but I dont attempt to push the gas i just let the car does what it does it shuts off.Any help Id apprecite it.
Short answer, NO. Just No.

Long answer, there are instructions on the site to convert a SD car to MAF that includes using an A9L. It is more than switching just a pin or two, I think there is a change in the 02 harness, and there are components that need switched. It’s not worth it for a weekend if you are going with a MS system.

Reactions: 1 user
You are taking to yourself
Lol well it would be the check engine light stays on with my ecu and runs lean tried to pull codes when I do It only gives me 2 codes then shuts off.So I guess the problem would be I want running codes but car gives me 2 codes then dies.It does that with both ecus.I changed ecu relay.Could it be a open circut or short circut?Also can swapping ecus damage any sensors relays or not likley?Thank you guys

Short answer, NO. Just No.

Long answer, there are instructions on the site to convert a SD car to MAF that includes using an A9L. It is more than switching just a pin or two, I think there is a change in the 02 harness, and there are components that need switched. It’s not worth it for a weekend if you are going with a MS system.
Thanks for the heads up on that.I just wanted to run it till monday but Id rather just park the car :( There are alot of chevy trucks down the road and I just want to act like an idiot lol

I’d bet the MAF is the most fragile sensor. Jrichker has how to text most if not all of the sensors in his write ups. Start with the Surging Idle Checklist. The MAF test procedure is probably in there. But the computers are a lot easier to damage than the other sensors. I would be interested in knowing why it was running poorly with the stock computer. That might stick around to taunt you.

Reactions: 1 users