Can you believe this...?

kcpope

Mar 11, 2008
California
0 to 60 in 0.6 seconds.

6.0 lateral G forces.

1/4 mile in 2.6 seconds @ 197 mph.

305 mph top speed.

...and of course the manditory button that will send the car 20 ft. into the air.

This puts the Bugatti Veyron to shame!

I have a hard time believing all of this. But it was published by Road & Track!!!

0 to 60 in .6 seconds...that would take your head off! I guess anything is possible with 5 million dollars

Article: http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=6466&page_number=1

Spec sheet: http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0408_rt_mach5_chart.pdf

BS. That thing is no where near that fast in any way, shape, or form.

They came that car outruns TOP FUEL DRAGSTERS in the 1/4 mile!!!

Not to mention, 197mph in the 1/4 mile, but 2.6 seconds? BS again... 5-6 second cars are running well into the 200mph zone... 3-4 second dragsters 300mph if im not mistaken.

Complete BS in a hat.

Oh, and 6 lateral G's? LOL!!!!111

Quote from the article :"This last part, and much of everything else, is a re-creation of what may happen in a Speed Racer episode and the upcoming movie. As for driving a real Mach 5, I'll just have to keep pretending. "

lol thats what i was going to say top fuel dragsters run it in mid 4s at like 330+. I dont think you can run the 1/4 in 2.6 seconds at only 197 unless you accelerated hard over 500 or something then shut it down half track and you coasted to a 2.6 at 197 lol. then maybe.

Exactly. Not quite april yet...

Look at the top of the article and you will see that it is from an april issue.

"This last part, and much of everything else, is a re-creation of what may happen in a Speed Racer episode and the upcoming movie. As for driving a real Mach 5, I'll just have to keep pretending.

Special thanks to Warner Bros. Studios for supplying the car; Yokohama Tire Co. for their support arranging the photo shoot; Willow Run Airport for renting us a hangar, and Polyphony Digital Inc. for creating a virtual simulation of the Mach 5 that we used for our performance tests. "

Oh damn magazine companies releasing the next months issue before its actually that month.

Well, they could have fooled some people a little better if their numbers were more accurate, lol.

wait...so you're telling movie cars aren't real and can't do all those jumps and stuff either

I knew that part was BS, as well as the rest of the stuff. I figured someone was getting fired in the editing room and wanted a good laugh before they went bye-bye. I didnt even think about April Fools, lol.