• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Can

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mustang5L5
  • Start date Start date Nov 14, 2004

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,336
18,062
224
Massachusetts
Nov 14, 2004
#1
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #1
Can the '05 GT standard wheel center caps be swapped?

I am a big fan of bullitt wheels, but i hate the new ones for some reason. I was looking at them the other day and i finally realized why.

Ford changed the center cap.

Can the older blacked out pony caps be swapped onto the new style bullitts??

2005 Mustang Bullitt wheel
View attachment 520632

2003 Mustang Bullitt wheel (my Car)
 

351CJ

New Member
Dec 11, 2002
1,732
1
0
Nov 14, 2004
#2
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #2
You're right, what's up with the 2005 centercap. It doesn't look good at all.
 
5

50 4 Fun

New Member
Nov 10, 2004
41
0
0
Streesboro OH
Nov 15, 2004
#3
  • Nov 15, 2004
  • #3
yah the old one is better, I do not like the new Gt rims at all
 
D

Darkhorse845

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
101
0
0
Las Vegas,Nevada
Nov 22, 2004
#4
  • Nov 22, 2004
  • #4
Yes,I like the older one also! The running horse is awesome!
I am a huge fan of the deepdish bullitts wheels they look sharp
 
T

Tex81

New Member
Oct 5, 2004
50
0
0
Nov 22, 2004
#5
  • Nov 22, 2004
  • #5
Well, if you already have wheels that you like on your current car, unless I'm missing something then I don't see why you couldn't just swap them out when you trade in the old stang... doubt the dealership would care much about having an '03 with '05 wheels on it in the lot.
 
B

Brian S

New Member
Oct 20, 2004
42
0
0
Nov 23, 2004
#6
  • Nov 23, 2004
  • #6
I guess its just me but I prefer the oval Ford emblem to the pony. I'd be surprised if the caps were not compatible.
 
D

Darkhorse845

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
101
0
0
Las Vegas,Nevada
Nov 24, 2004
#7
  • Nov 24, 2004
  • #7
Brian S said:
I guess its just me but I prefer the oval Ford emblem to the pony. I'd be surprised if the caps were not compatible.
Click to expand...
I prefer it also!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Rear Disc and Rims Offsets
  • TripleYellow
  • Nov 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 9, 2026
TripleYellow
C
New member from NJ
  • Calyp5.0
  • Sep 25, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
1
Views
79
The Welcome Wagon Sep 25, 2026
General karthief
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
405
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
Wheels-Tires Need Some Help - Brakes Upgrade/Wheel fitment
  • jaygee15
  • Dec 8, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 3 4 5
Replies
85
Views
3K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Tuesday at 10:18 AM
jaygee15
J
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
576
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sunday at 4:40 PM
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?