Fox Canadian Prices

2007_Crown_Vic

Aug 19, 2016
Hi,

Is there anyone in the Canadian market that has been looking to buy a foxbody lately, specifically the 1987-1993? I did a search yesterday and was a little surprised at the prices. I know a lot has changed since I was looking about 8 years ago, but it seems like cars that needed work but we're driveable were in the $5000-7000 range and nicer ones were maybe $10,000-18,000. Now it looks like that first category is easily $10,000+ and prices of $25,000-$40,000 were not uncommon.

Are these realistic and they are actually selling at that price or are people just posting really high prices hoping someone bites?

• Sponsors (?)

Prices have been ridiculous, especially with the notchbacks. You're correct, you were able to buy a decent, running fox for around $7k. What are the details of your fox? I have a '90 5.0 convertible.
Mine is a rust free 1990 GT, low miles, 5 speed and basically bone stock. Based on current comparables across Canada it would be somewhere in the $20,000's easily which seems insane, lol.

I wasn't looking to sell mine, but might have an opportunity to pick up a green LX. I haven't seen it in a while, not sure if it's auto, and not even sure if exact year but I think 1991. It is original owner, fairly stock, always kept in garage and I think in good overall shape. I was just wondering what a fair price to offer would be and was definitely shocked at what a lot of these are priced at. I wonder if people are actually buying at these prices...

Some are for clean examples, others are sitting waiting for a sucker..... Ppl worried there money is devaluing so there looking for investments, all the snob collector guides been pushing fox bodies for last few years now. People are overpaying for the majority of them, every spit shined car is original miles these days and never molested lol. Only good thing is the 60s stuff going down in prices by me, might be time to buy a Chevy II soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Some are for clean examples, others are sitting waiting for a sucker..... Ppl worried there money is devaluing so there looking for investments, all the snob collector guides been pushing fox bodies for last few years now. People are overpaying for the majority of them, every spit shined car is original miles these days and never molested lol. Only good thing is the 60s stuff going down in prices by me, might be time to buy a Chevy II soon.
Yeah, my gut feel is the right price isn't too far off from what I was seeing 8 years ago. If I bought the LX it wouldn't be long term for me. I was more just interested if I could get it for a fair price, do some repairs, clean it up and make a bit of money but with prices being all over the place it's hard to know what a good price is.

A Chevy II would be awesome. I always have my eyes open for mid 60's to early 70's muscle cars, especially 4 speeds.

I have always wanted a C2 corvette.... Close to buying a few of them when I was young... 30 plus years later when I would really like one, out a site pricing.......

Reactions: 1 user