Cant find exhaust info im looking 4? please help

BackinaStang

Oct 12, 2009
East Coast
Just bought a o7 GT/CS and dying to do some exhaust work. Problem is I wanna do Long Tubes, O/R H, and maybe a flowmaster catback. I just cant figure out the combo. Seems like one company makes the long tubes but not the H, and then the next makes the tubes and H but not the catback!! Will different exhaust components from different companys mate together? Just by my own taste I would prefer BBK or JBA Longtubes, Mac pro chamber, and flowmaster catback. I hear flowmasters arent the best sound for these mod motors so im also conteplating diff mufflers also. Anyone have my sound taste out there please hit me with what you wound up doing and pros and cons of your setup. Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

With long tube headers and an O/R X pipe, people seem to prefer a mid muffler system, or resonators welded in at the x pipe. Without mufflers it would definitaly be loud and have lots of drone.

I put on SLP loudmouths in preparation of doing long tubes and an O/R H or X with mid mufflers later on. That way I won't need to buy yet another axle back........