car cuts out at wot using wt nos kit

fox04

Mar 6, 2011
augusta, ga
well my car is a 89 mass air car. still fi, has boltons an a bcam and thts it. I installed my wet compucar nitrous kit today. it Has a wot switch to activate. Everything is installed corectly and the silanoids are working. When i went to test it out i did a 2nd gear roll and nailed it and car want to cut off like its getting too much fuel. i have all the correct jets in place. im thinkin the cars not gettin enough fuel for the nitrous and the car. I believe it has stock fuel pump so any help would be apreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

NO2 requires that you reduce the stock spark plug gap from .052 - .055 down to .030 - .035. The NO2 drastically increases the combustion chamber pressure, making it more difficult for the spark to jump the gap. While you are at it, check the condition of the spark plug wires, cap and rotor. Replace any worn or damaged parts you find.

To much fuel will do it as well. If the engine were lean we would be hearing you tell us about the big ol Nitrous backfire that you had and how much damage was caused. Just because the jets are "correct" as per the manufacturer of the Nitrous kit, does not mean that it is right for your combo. If the wet kit is installed in the wrong place with the wrong type of intake manifold, you can get way to much fuel and cause the engine to "nose over". My guess is like jrichker said and you are blowing the spark out. A strong ignition system is a must. Plus it may also depend on how much timing you are removing for the Nitrous, to much timing and the engine is fighting the combustion process and to little will kill power as well. Figure -2 degrees retard for the first 100 hp and another- 2 degrees retard for each additional 50 hp increase. These are guidelines at best.

Never really thought abt tht.. I have the nozzle abt 8in away from the tb. Has new distributor, ngk plugs, wires , msd coil. What size jets would you recomend For stock longblock 5.0. I wanted to run abt a 125 shot. Ill try again tmrw and see what happens

What size shot?
Gap the plugs down...
Go a heat range colder
Always go safe on timing start at 10* base timing and work from there. If the shot is small you may be able to add some timing to it but it will give you a good base to start with.

Jet spread on the factory chart will be a bit on the fat side so you'll be good. Make sure it's shooting straight down the center of the intake. Try to keep it after the bend but pre throttle body.

thanks guys. Got some autolite 23s gapped em to abt 38. runs good now. But only thing is nitrous kinda surges i guess its gettin a little too much fuel? Imma try a little smaller jet but dnt wanna run lean.

I'm uhhh... going to wait over here.
yahoo-messenger-hidden-emoticons-fingers-in-ears.gif