• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Car died this morning....

  • Thread starter Thread starter NotoriousGT350
  • Start date Start date Feb 17, 2004

NotoriousGT350

Founding Member
Apr 3, 2001
891
0
17
Lubbock, TX
Feb 17, 2004
#1
  • Feb 17, 2004
  • #1
on the way to school around 6am. Started off with a vibration coming from the rear, then a weird noise(I was thinking the clutch or flywheel). I stop to check if tire was flat, but everything was ok. Got back in the car and it the tranny was vibrating, I was slowing down quite a bit even though I was giving it a little gas, then the motor stop. Trying to turn the motor over, but it wouldn't start, but it was turning. Had a wrecker take it to the shop, just found out a couple a minutes ago it was the battery

Interstate battery, wrecker service, parts, labor....$236

WTF!!! Ok, I'm going to have them check the alt. when I go pick up the car and see if it's not charging, but I'm pretty sure they might have already done that. Should I just get a new alt. just to be safe, say a 130amp one? Wouldn't hurt to have one, right?

Well, there goes some of my spending $$$ for my car, plus gotta get a new computer since mine will not start for the 2nd time in the past year(using roommate's cpu), so there goes $500-800. I don't want to pay to get it fix to only happen again later on. Damn this sucks. It's kewl though. I'm glad I had some $$$ saved up for times like this. Guess I just need to get school done with and worry about the car in another couple of years.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Feb 17, 2004
#2
  • Feb 17, 2004
  • #2
make sure to test the altenator first. if its ok then don't replace it till you have the money. It could have been a loose belt. It could also be the voltage regulator. Make sure to check and possibly replace the wires going to the battery because they might be at the end of their service life.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Engine Another no start after washing engine bay
  • bruno
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
886
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
213
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
249
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
C
Electrical HELP! 1989 5.0 Stick, Voltage Bleed onto Ignition Trigger wire
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • May 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
318
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 24, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
Electrical Code 29 again
  • Creomod
  • Jul 31, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
279
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 3, 2026
Creomod
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?