car insurance

how in the world are we still paying higher insurance on our cars than say an econo box with a big wing, or a mini van with the 12 screaming kids, or even the monday morning commuter in his/her camry reading the paper and eating their breakfast. hot rodders have gotten a bad name somehow and this needs to change. we are enthusiasts and we all love our cars very much. now if im going down the highway i would rather be next to an irreplacable camaro, mustang, hemi cuda, with 750 hp at the wheels than any of those other things mentioned above. i just know who has their eyes on the road.

• Sponsors (?)

because somewhere out there, there is some punk kid that thinks its cool to do 20+ over the speed limit, cut people off, roast the tires at the stop lights, race people on the street, and he is driving a 2 door sports car... whats why our insurance is high. The ricers get away with cheap insurance because their cars are classified as economy cars, ours are sports cars. I think your insurance should be based on how safe a driver you are, not by what you drive.